PDA

View Full Version : Sonax CutMax vs Cut & Finish? Perfect Finish vs EX 04-06?

mwoywod
07-08-2017, 06:42 PM
Can anyone tell me the difference in EX 04-06 and Perfect Finish? They appear to have the same cut and finish yet are very different in price.

Have any of you used Cut & Finish as well as CutMax? It seems like Cut & Finish and Cutmax are also VERY similar, but I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I bought some of their Fine Abrasive Paste 5/4 about a year ago because it's always on sale for literally half off. Should have guess it would be awful. It may have been the worst experience I've ever had with a polish or compound for that matter. It was watery and virtually unuseable. I've heard a lot of great things about Perfect Finish and I'd like to give the line another shot. Was hoping to get some feedback!!!

In general, I like polishes and compounds that work well on soft sticky paint, and have a long buffing cycle that wipe off without leaving behind a bunch of residual oils.

hmardown
07-08-2017, 06:57 PM
I just used sonax cut & finish on my black 2015 ram(soft clear easy to scratch) and love it. I used it with a white foam pad & it took 95 % of the swirls & spider webs out with little effort. I thought HD speed was good but this product did the trick. I did put wax on after the cut & finish but the extra step was worth it. I'm not an expert but I do know when something works great. good luck.
hmardown

PaulMys
07-08-2017, 07:25 PM
I just used sonax cut & finish on my black 2015 ram(soft clear easy to scratch) and love it. I used it with a white foam pad & it took 95 % of the swirls & spider webs out with little effort. I thought HD speed was good but this product did the trick. I did put wax on after the cut & finish but the extra step was worth it. I'm not an expert but I do know when something works great. good luck.
hmardown

Your Ram has soft clear in your opinion? My 2012 Ram's clear is on the harder side IME.

Do you have a 1500 QC or CC?

The Guz
07-08-2017, 08:07 PM
Can anyone tell me the difference in EX 04-06 and Perfect Finish? They appear to have the same cut and finish yet are very different in price.

Have any of you used Cut & Finish as well as CutMax? It seems like Cut & Finish and Cutmax are also VERY similar, but I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I bought some of their Fine Abrasive Paste 5/4 about a year ago because it's always on sale for literally half off. Should have guess it would be awful. It may have been the worst experience I've ever had with a polish or compound for that matter. It was watery and virtually unuseable. I've heard a lot of great things about Perfect Finish and I'd like to give the line another shot. Was hoping to get some feedback!!!

In general, I like polishes and compounds that work well on soft sticky paint, and have a long buffing cycle that wipe off without leaving behind a bunch of residual oils.

Perfect Finish was designed for rotary use and EX 04-06 was designed for DA use.

I posted my thoughts towards the end of this thread using cut & finish. Very good product.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/2016-older-product-reviews-mike-phillips/105789-new-sonax-cut-finish-extreme-showcar-makeover-removing-holograms-using-flex-3401-a.html

The difference between cut max and cut & finish is that cut max is a dedicated compound where as cut & finish is a one step compounding polish. Cut & finish will leave more gloss between the two.

I was impressed with cut max in person when I saw the Sonax guys demo it on a porsche.

Ex 04-06 and Cut & Finish are great products. Literally no dusting for me.

Mike@ShineStruck
07-08-2017, 11:35 PM
Your Ram has soft clear in your opinion? My 2012 Ram's clear is on the harder side IME.

the black 08 ram I did had soft paint, hd speed with low pro polishing pad....except for roof and hood,needed cutting pad

as for cut and finish, is it a compound, or is it an AIO?

The Guz
07-09-2017, 12:48 AM
the black 08 ram I did had soft paint, hd speed with low pro polishing pad....except for roof and hood,needed cutting pad

as for cut and finish, is it a compound, or is it an AIO?

One step compounding polish. Leaves no protection behind so not an AIO.

mwoywod
07-09-2017, 01:12 AM
Thanks for the response man
What is the working time like on cut & finish?

The Guz
07-09-2017, 01:39 AM
It has a long working time. Can go 5-6 passes easily without dusting.

The polishes are water based.

hmardown
07-09-2017, 06:17 AM

Paul
the clear coat on the my 2015 ram is water base. it don't much to leave tiny scratches.
hmardown