PDA

View Full Version : Quick detailer

Carguy2000
07-07-2017, 08:37 PM
If I use quick detailer and not wipe it down all the way because of the hard to reach areas. Will standing quick detailer etch my paint if I let it air dry. It's Lucas oil slick mist spray wax.

PaulMys
07-07-2017, 09:08 PM
Nope. But why not go the extra mile to wipe it all off?

MrOneEyedBoh
07-07-2017, 11:02 PM
Yeah.. I mean you're talking another few mins to do it correctly. I mean what's considered hard to reach areas

PouncingPanzer
07-08-2017, 09:26 AM
I like to avoid getting the detailers on anything but the paint, but if I get some on trim or glass it has never stained or etched. I would look to finding a sprayer that offers you more control and throws the product less, I like small spray patterns for quick detailers myself.

Carguy2000
07-08-2017, 12:58 PM
I use it on my motorcycle and when I spray it. It immediately runs down the paint and gets into tight spots where I can't reach my hand sometimes. Just making sure it doesn't have any chemicals that would etch or something on different finishes.

custmsprty
07-08-2017, 01:07 PM
I use it on my motorcycle and when I spray it. It immediately runs down the paint and gets into tight spots where I can't reach my hand sometimes. Just making sure it doesn't have any chemicals that would etch or something on different finishes.

Maybe try spraying it on a mf towel or a mf applicator pad first and then wipe your bike down with it :xyxthumbs:

Carguy2000
07-08-2017, 01:15 PM
I like the surface to be wet so it won't scratch

custmsprty
07-08-2017, 01:17 PM
I like the surface to be wet so it won't scratch

It won't scratch, you're wiping it the same way either way. I've been applying spray waxes and PNS this way for years, no scratches. As long as you are using a quality mf towel you have nothing to worry about.

Carguy2000
07-08-2017, 01:18 PM
Even if the bike has dust on it

custmsprty
07-08-2017, 01:26 PM
Even if the bike has dust on it

I have a Harley and I do it this way, just make sure of a couple things. Wet the mf towel well, maybe consider using this as it's a great product and economical too as it's a concentrate:

Optimum Opti Clean Concentrate, Opticlean cleaner protectant, Optimum all purpose cleaner protectant (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-opti-clean-32.html)

And be sure to use all four / eight quadrants of the mf towel. Meaning a 16x16 I quarter fold it and flip it after each wipe, this will pick up the dust and you're not rubbing the dust on the paint preventing swirling.

Then if you want to you can apply a great spray wax like this:

BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Spray Wax, spray car wax, aerosol wax (http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-midnight-sun-spray-wax.html)

Carguy2000
07-09-2017, 07:56 AM
But regardless quick detailer should not etch or damage anything if some is left sitting by chance.

Rsurfer
07-09-2017, 02:17 PM
But regardless quick detailer should not etch or damage anything if some is left sitting by chance.

Not sure about long term use, but if you feel uncomfortable cut it with distilled water. Another thought is blow dry the areas you can't reach.

CarolinasFinestDetailing
07-09-2017, 08:28 PM
Hold your rag at the bottom of the tank with one hand, spray with other. You'll catch the dripping QD spray.