PDA

View Full Version : Best Paint Repair Process

Sharply Dressed
07-06-2017, 10:43 PM
Folks,
The attached photo shows an area where the owner backed into a post and scratched her car. She asked me if I could handle it and I told her I thought I could do so but wanted to research it a bit and get back with her. I'm pretty meticulous and methodical, however I've not done touch up before. My initial thoughts were
1. Dr Color Chip
2. Langa
3. A little bondo followed by touch up paint

Thoughts on best process? Thanks58529

Ryanm
07-07-2017, 12:43 PM
Is the scratch that area on the car to the right? I'd try Dr colorchip personally. I avoid bondo as a last resort. I've had good luck with the colorchip stuff so far.

I would find a smaller spot around the lower front bumper I usually find chips. Use it there first to test if the color is a match on something small before you use it in a larger more noticeable area.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

C5Longhorn
07-10-2017, 08:35 PM
Same question as above, I assume the scratch is on the panel on the side in the middle, near the edge.

I would also recommend Dr. Colorchip.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

DaveT435
07-10-2017, 09:39 PM
If that's the "scratch" dr Colorchip should handle it no problem. That actually looks more like a chip from the angle I'm seeing, or a very small scratch?? I definitely wouldn't recommend using bondo for paint repair.