PDA

View Full Version : Mothers pure polish

james751993
07-04-2017, 10:27 PM
Hey guys,

My dad purchased step 1,2 and 3 of the mothers ultimate wax system since it was on sale at our local auto parts store. I understand that step 2 ( micro polishing glaze) is a non abrasive filler. Anyway, my dad wants me to use the products on his car, how aggressive is pure polish? Is it comparable to meguiars ultimate polish? I plan to apply it with a DA on a white LC polishing pad.

Thank you! :)

James

FUNX650
07-04-2017, 11:54 PM
My dad purchased step 1,2 and 3 of
the mothers ultimate wax system...

how aggressive is pure polish?

UWS' Step 1., Pure Polish, is a
very mild paint-polish/cleaner.

Bob

WillSports3
07-05-2017, 10:49 AM
The mothers 1 2 and 3 system is actually not recommended for machine application. Check the back of the bottle, I think this was made for hand application since the machine would put too much heat and the liquids would get too gummy.

Bunky
07-05-2017, 05:13 PM
I have used all 3 by machine (step 1 and 3 more than step 2). For step 1, if you do not work it wet it (not prime the pad) or too high of speed it will dry out if not paying attention since it seems to have less oils as some pre-wax cleaners. You just be sure to over buff and you will be fine.

forrest@mothers
07-05-2017, 08:47 PM
The mothers 1 2 and 3 system is actually not recommended for machine application. Check the back of the bottle, I think this was made for hand application since the machine would put too much heat and the liquids would get too gummy.

I don't see that wording on our bottle anywhere. There are actually 2 sets of instructions, one for hand use and another set for random orbital.

As funx650 mentioned, Pure Polish is a mild cleaner/polish. Our comparable product to Meguiar's Ultimate Polish is our 08712 Finishing Polish.

WillSports3
07-05-2017, 09:30 PM
What am I thinking of then? I've got the Mothers 1 2 and 3 system and scratch remover. Could it be the scratch remover recommending hand polish and not machine polishing?

mwoolfso
07-05-2017, 09:42 PM
If Step 2 is non-abrasive then it isn't aggressive. The pad and technique will answer your question (assuming you use a machine). I have used Step 1 and 2 - never saw it as anything but mild. Most of the time I have applied it with a MF applicator or a sponge applicator relative to #2.

james751993
07-06-2017, 07:46 AM
Great, thanks for the tips guys. :)

forrest@mothers
07-06-2017, 12:11 PM
What am I thinking of then? I've got the Mothers 1 2 and 3 system and scratch remover. Could it be the scratch remover recommending hand polish and not machine polishing?

There's nothing on the Scratch Remover bottle about hand use only.

Is it possible you're thinking of a different brand?

ifadey
05-15-2018, 06:50 AM
I know this is old thread but I think it's better to ask question here instead of creating a new thread.

1) Do Pure Polish have fillers in it?
2) Do this polish contain silicone?
3) Is it using non diminishing abrasives?

Asking all these questions before I am planning to use different LSP than mothers (sealant specifically) which don't have abrasives in it. Obviously I would be doing IPA wipe after using mother's pure polish.

forrest@mothers
05-15-2018, 10:33 PM
ifadey also posted his question on our company forum, so I've copied the answer to here for others:

Though there are no fillers and no silicones in Pure Polish. If you're looking to remove light scratches and want body-shop safe/silicone-free, the compounds and polishes in our professional line would be recommended.