PDA

View Full Version : Micro fiber cloth is the best for applying Ult Fast Finish

Don M
07-04-2017, 10:11 AM
I originally thought that using a mf cloth to apply Ult FF would absorb too much of the product and cause you to waste a lot due to the size of the cloth VS the sponge, so I've been using a microfiber-covered sponge as an applicator. The last time I applied UFF to my car I did it with the MF sponge and in the garage, the car looked great. It wasn't until I got to work and saw it in the sunshine that I realized that I had applied it way too thick and now I had high spots and streaks all over the car.

I had a brain cramp, and forgot the whole "Like removes Like" philosophy until another detailer reminded me. So this morning I RW the car (no effect on the high spots) and reapplied the Ult Fast Finish, but this time, I used a folded microfiber cloth (as recommended) as the applicator. All I can say is WOW! The mf cloth applied the Fast Finish far faster, easier and much more evenly than the mf sponge and hardly used any product to do it. It even cut my time start to finish by about 50%.

I will definitely be re-purposing the mf sponges and be using mf cloths from now on.

cleanmycorolla
07-04-2017, 10:14 AM
I originally thought that using a mf cloth to apply Ult FF would absorb too much of the product and cause you to waste a lot due to the size of the cloth VS the sponge, so I've been using a microfiber-covered sponge as an applicator. The last time I applied UFF to my car I did it with the MF sponge and in the garage, the car looked great. It wasn't until I got to work and saw it in the sunshine that I realized that I had applied it way too thick and now I had high spots and streaks all over the car.

I had a brain cramp, and forgot the whole "Like removes Like" philosophy until another detailer reminded me. So this morning I RW the car (no effect on the high spots) and reapplied the Ult Fast Finish, but this time, I used a folded microfiber cloth (as recommended) as the applicator. All I can say is WOW! The mf cloth applied the Fast Finish far faster, easier and much more evenly than the mf sponge and hardly used any product to do it. It even cut my time start to finish by about 50%.

I will definitely be re-purposing the mf sponges and be using mf cloths from now on.

All of what you said, i agree with, but for another product. Sonax PNS. I used to apply it with a microfiber brick similar to you. They seem real similar application and delivery wise. Then began the towel method, like it more. Haven't tried fast finish, but have bene interested. Just havent found a proper car yet! Nice share!

Android
09-05-2017, 03:38 PM
The pkg. for the UFF says to apply to the micro-fiber towel , but then seen a YouTube video where this detailer srayed the UFF directly on the car . Does it matter ? My guess would be to follow the directions on the box . Has anyone else applied to the car ?

Nix
09-05-2017, 03:56 PM
The pkg. for the UFF says to apply to the micro-fiber towel , but then seen a YouTube video where this detailer srayed the UFF directly on the car . Does it matter ? My guess would be to follow the directions on the box . Has anyone else applied to the car ?

my advice dont spray directly onto the panel..Follow the direction..I always spray it onto the microfiber towel never had any issue spreading the product evenly..

EngineerNate
09-05-2017, 04:02 PM
It was very easy to tell that I was getting coverage when I sprayed it on the towel. I'd use that or an applicator for sure.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

bodidly
09-05-2017, 05:39 PM
In my testing.. folded MF is best. Few quick bursts into MF then wipe into everything. 90% of the time I don't have to buff off via dry side. Less is more.