PDA

View Full Version : Help with applying a product (sealant)

cay7man
07-03-2017, 01:11 PM
I purchased this product (triple-m clear coat magic) based on a product recommendation
in a auto detailing forum. This supposed to be a great product to use on a black car.

The product usage directions says "apply paint sealant to a clean, cool painted surface
out of direct sunlight. Wipe a thin coating evenly over the finish with a soft, clean,
cotton terry towel. Using light pressure and moving in a circular motion. Allow to
dry to a light haze, and buff to a deep glossy finish using machine buffer, use decreasing
pressure as wax dries until a high gloss is achieved."

I've Rupes mini and duetto. I used the duetto to even apply the sealant. But confused
on how to go about buffing it to a deep glossy finish. No matter how many passes
I do, it was hazy on the surface. I eventually had to use mf towel to buff it and wipe
off.

My questions are

1. Can I spread the sealant like wax using the Rupes? (speed testing 1)
2. How many passes to get a glossy finish? (speed testing 1) Should I use the same
pattern as polishing?
3. How long should I wait before buffing it off?
4. Should I apply and buff in sections like polishing?

Thanks!!

adamgayton81
07-03-2017, 02:59 PM
Apply the sealant with the Rupes on speed 1 like you mentioned...typically wait around 20 minutes minimum and use a good microfiber to wipe off the residue then buff with a plush microfiber. No buffing using the Rupes after removal of the dried sealant!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk