PDA

View Full Version : P21s Gloss Enhancing Paintwork Cleanser

Jag07
07-02-2017, 08:10 AM
I am going to use this for the first time.
I am going to clay the bag areas and then use this everywhere.
Can I apply with a DA , plan on using a white pad, I haven't found anything that says yes or no to using a
DA polisher?

swanicyouth
07-02-2017, 08:43 AM
This is not a product that is meant to be used with a DA or works particularly well with one. It has clay in it if I recall.

Can you use it? Yes. Will it work? Yes.

You will use a lot of product though and the pads will gum up fast.

If you are intent on using it with a DA, I recommend cutting it with DI water by keeping the pad kinda wet.

Jag07
07-02-2017, 09:08 AM
No particular intent on using the DA. Just got it so I'm itching to use it but if it will prove more trouble that it is worth in this application then I'll use regular old elbow grease.

Thanks for the input. Not too much info out there in regards to its application or even results from my searches.

swanicyouth
07-02-2017, 09:29 AM
No particular intent on using the DA. Just got it so I'm itching to use it but if it will prove more trouble that it is worth in this application then I'll use regular old elbow grease.

Thanks for the input. Not too much info out there in regards to its application or even results from my searches.

Well, just use it on the hood or something of you wanna wet your beak. I've used this product before with a DA and it's doable - but not great.

Get yourself some Prima Amigo. Product has a similar function and is an absolute joy to use with a DA.

dennis hiip
07-02-2017, 10:38 AM
I tried it because I wanted a non abrasive polish/cleaner. I thought it also took the place of clay. Maybe I did something wrong because it didn't remove water spots nor much of the contamination(as advertised in product description). I used my DA with black pad.

ducksfan
07-02-2017, 03:35 PM
It doesn't take the place of claying or polishing. It's more of a deep cleaner of the paint. Prima Amigo has some polish in it. So, with a machine it will mechanically clean some.

Sometimes water spots need to be polished off. Have you tried a water spot remover like Optimum MDR?

swanicyouth
07-03-2017, 07:06 AM
I tried it because I wanted a non abrasive polish/cleaner. I thought it also took the place of clay. Maybe I did something wrong because it didn't remove water spots nor much of the contamination(as advertised in product description). I used my DA with black pad.

It has clay in it it - which is a type of cleanser / abrasive. But depending on the depth / type of water spots - it may do one of 3 things:

1. Nothing

2. Improve them

3. Remove them

Also, it's a function of the stiffness / cut of the pad. What you were using in particular is a pretty mild set up. All water spots aren't created equal. Depending on the type of water spots, this product may not or may be able to remove them. Water spots can run from the type that can just be wiped off - to the type where they are physically etched into the clear coat. There is no one product that can remove all water spots.