PDA

View Full Version : Should I ONR with this?

purplenurple
12-10-2007, 05:40 PM
I was desperate for a new OTC ONR wash media, so I went to taget and got a Vroom wash mitt. I got this because I didnt want to mess up my nice, fluffy MFs and dont feel safe using the costco MFs. This mitt is ornage and is foam on the inside with MF on the outside. It pretty much looks like a MF wrapped around 2 foam pieces. WOuld I be safe using this without inducing marring? Anyone have experience with this mitt, or should I not risk it and get something from a more high end manufacturer? THe nap on it is pretty long, similar to my Deluxe ## towels.
Its like this one, but orange Vroom brand- Excel Microfiber Mitt II (http://www.prestostore.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?ref=exceldetail&ct=65255&pd=288703)
Thanks.

Wolf-Strong
12-10-2007, 05:59 PM
Do a test area and see how it works. I can't see it hurting the paint, but ya never know.

_M_
12-10-2007, 06:00 PM
Its like this one, but orange Vroom brand- Excel Microfiber Mitt II (http://www.prestostore.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?ref=exceldetail&ct=65255&pd=288703)
Thanks.

My target has some microfiber chenille type sponges that i think would be better than this mitt. not too costly and i think they would hold the dirt better than this. ive seen these and i would use them for buffing, but i dont think they are thick enough for washing dirty cars

justin_murphy
12-10-2007, 06:15 PM
I do not see any reason not to use it. Just make sure to keep it cleaned out. I see a lot use different tool for rinseless washing. I personally like the blue MF dog bone sponge.

purplenurple
12-10-2007, 06:27 PM
I do not see any reason not to use it. Just make sure to keep it cleaned out. I see a lot use different tool for rinseless washing. I personally like the blue MF dog bone sponge.

BRand? Where can I buy one?

I just want something that I feel confident using by knowing that others are getting good results with it. I think that I might break down and try the grout sponge that a lot of people are talking about over at autopia.

_M_
12-11-2007, 07:26 PM
why dont you just get the Cobra blue micro-chenille on AG? i think 2 for 12.99 - thats pretty good and use the 15% off sale to get it for even less. im telling you i've seen those mitts and the nap is not thick enough to pick up dirt from washing a car IMO...one little piece of dirt can cause a big headache for you. might as well minimize your risk by getting something with a little more substance to it.