PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Polishing.

Pages : [1] 2 3

PaulMys
06-26-2017, 10:01 PM
Ok, I know Mike P says you can use any polishing product for paint on glass. I get that.

I've always kept my windshield clean. (gets washed, glass cleaner, WW towels, etc). But now I find it's not taking to the regular cleaning quite as good. (A big tell-tale is the morning dew "wiper pattern streak")

Anyway, what polishes do you guys use on glass? Any AIO's?

Rsurfer
06-27-2017, 12:01 AM
Ceriglass with a rayon pad. Coat it and you will be good to go for months.:props:

DBAILEY
06-27-2017, 03:52 AM
I use HD CUT on glass sometimes. UC once in a while. My preferred choice is the M37 Glass restoration polish.

I use KAIO on side and rear glass all the time. The chemical cleaners work well on glass minor removing water spots that have not etched. Then I top it with something like Reload, C2v3 or Cure.

PouncingPanzer
06-27-2017, 04:53 AM
Ceriglass with a rayon pad. Coat it and you will be good to go for months.:props:

I just used that for the first time on a car, did a 50/50 of the vehicles glass, and panoramic top. The difference was very clear.

lawrenceSA
06-27-2017, 05:08 AM
I normally use FG400 on an orange pad.

Hammer77
06-27-2017, 06:21 AM
I use Wolfgang Perfekt Vision Glass Polish, with a CarPro Rayon Glass Polishing Pad, then Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Glass Coating. Then on the inside McKee’s 37 20/20 Cockpit Glass Cleaner every so often, glass is crystal clear!

Don M
06-27-2017, 09:34 AM
I've used D151 on a maroon cutting pad on several windshields and have had more that acceptable results.

FUNX650
06-27-2017, 09:53 AM
I've always kept my windshield clean.
(gets washed, glass cleaner, WW towels,
etc). But now I find it's not taking to the
regular cleaning quite as good. (A big
tell-tale is the morning dew "wiper
pattern streak")

Anyway, what polishes do you
guys use on glass? Any AIO's?
I've found that S100 (or its higher
$$ cousin P21S) Polishing Soap is
usually more than adequate to take
care of windshields in the "condition"
you have described.

If not...I'll go with Poorboy's World
Professional Polish.

Bob

Mike Honcho
06-27-2017, 10:25 AM
I just used that for the first time on a car, did a 50/50 of the vehicles glass, and panoramic top. The difference was very clear.

Or unclear depending on which side you looked through. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

engineerwolf
06-27-2017, 10:49 AM
First I wash the car as normal (2 bucket method), then I use Pinnacle GlassWork Water Spot Remover with my PC and a white pad. Then I follow up with Pinnacle GlassCoat Window Sealant with Rain Repellent. This combination works extremely well. The water just falls right off the glass. This is my go to now for glass care.

willowcat11
06-27-2017, 01:32 PM
I use Mckee's Glass Restorer with my DA and a Megs yellow Polishing pad. Then Use WOLFGANG Deep Gloss SPRITZ Sealant on the glass. Whenever wash my car and Spray the Spritz Sealant on the paint, I also spray down the glass as well.

PaulMys
06-27-2017, 05:34 PM
I've found that S100 (or its higher
$$ cousin P21S) Polishing Soap is
usually more than adequate to take
care of windshields in the "condition"
you have described.

If not...I'll go with Poorboy's World
Professional Polish.

Bob

Thanks, fellas.

Bob, what pad would you use with the Poorboys? I have LC flats in just about every color.

FUNX650
06-27-2017, 06:31 PM
Bob, what pad would you use with the Poorboy
I have LC flats in just about every color.

IMO: Their White Polishing pad
should suffice for your windshield's
current condition.

Bob

PaulMys
06-27-2017, 06:41 PM
IMO: Their White Polishing pad
should suffice for your windshield's
current condition.

Bob

How dare you assume my windshield's current condition. :laughing:

Thanks again, Bob,

Rsurfer
06-27-2017, 06:57 PM

Pun intended.