PDA

View Full Version : Creamic Ccating

Pages : [1] 2

Spowell637
06-26-2017, 09:58 AM
Any suggestions for a coating to be used on Crystal Red 2015 Vette?

thanks in advance

cleanmycorolla
06-26-2017, 10:02 AM
any of them

Bobby B.
06-26-2017, 10:04 AM
I enjoy working with the Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating V2. Just make sure you properly prep the paint surface before you apply the coating.

Pinnacle Black Label Collection (http://www.autogeek.net/pinnacle-black-label.html)

Klasse Act
06-26-2017, 10:12 AM
Wolfgang Uber is pretty good but less is more when applying 💡

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

evo77
06-26-2017, 10:23 AM
Any suggestions for a coating to be used on Crystal Red 2015 Vette?

thanks in advance

A general question like this will only yield numerous answers of which all are different with no clear winner/favorite. :)

Perhaps providing some specific requirements might help filter and narrow down your options. Such as price point? Availability? Ease of use? Etc...

Mike@ShineStruck
06-26-2017, 06:19 PM
for first timer coatings, the two most popular 3year coating sold HERE would be Opti gloss coat and WG Uber..

WillSports3
06-26-2017, 06:24 PM
This is one of those questions where you'll get way too many answers. I've used most of the non-pro ones and they all perform well. There's a few here and there that stand out in one faction or the other but there's no real clear cut winner between any of them.

tpr1634
06-26-2017, 06:29 PM
Opti gloss coat on my tuxedo black 150 looks good, I would and will purchase again have to do the wife's Sable.

idriveblackcars
06-26-2017, 06:53 PM
I love opticoat as well. And using ONR with their coat works very well. And I top it with their spray wax once a month and opti quick detail when it needs it.

Also the CarPro synergy is great too! Once I go with a coating I try to stay within the family. You don't generally have to but it doesn't hurt. Wolfgang also comes to mind. Great products all within the same name that helps keep maintain the coating and keep it going strong.

WillSports3
06-26-2017, 06:59 PM
I think my favourite is probably UK, I find it's the easiest to use and apply although you do have to be careful. The gloss coat blue applicator squeaks too much, annoys the crap out of me when I use it. Gtechniq is great as well, I just prefer the look of UK over Gtechniq CSL.

BadgerRivFan
06-27-2017, 06:26 AM
Polish Angel Cosmic V2.

If you can apply a wax or sealant than you can also apply Cosmic with no worries. My Corvette has never looked better!

Desertnate
06-27-2017, 07:27 AM
Without any input from the OP, I'll simply add McKee's 37. Very easy to use, and works well.

At this point the MK37 coating might be my "gateway" coating to others. I'm starting to eye EXO v3 or Optimum Gloss Coat as potential candidates.

MarkD51
06-27-2017, 07:44 AM
There's fans here of the many various coating systems.

I'll save space of mentioning many of them.

I've tried a few difference ones, a couple were on a whim. The qualities of ease of use didn't also equate to long lasting I found, and again I won't mention which because there are fans of these products and don't wish to ruffle any feathers.

I've been happy with Carpro Products, and the variety that they make for not only prep (Essence) but also post coating maintenance such as Essence +, Reload, and others in their line-up. Many like Hydro 2, I've never tried it though.

Carpro DLX, again a very nice product for Trim, Plastic, and Wheels.

As for the Carpro Coatings, I like the qualities they possess for their resistance to marring, and their long life.

I've found them relatively easy to use, but one should adhere to orthodox methods of application, stay within acceptable temp and humidity conditions when applying, and to be careful and considerate of how much time you allow when coming behind to smooth-level any high spots.

That it is probably better to err on too quick a time rather than too long a time to smooth-level.

EstrellaAZDetailer
07-06-2017, 11:25 PM
I have started using one that is pretty amazing. Self-leveling. Dry to touch in 20 minutes. 80% cured in 3 hrs. 100% cured between 12 & 24 depending on conditions. Recoatable with itself years later. Only 1 coat needed for 3-6 year warranty (depending on age of vehicle). Does not required annual reload. May be applied outside (not in rain of course). NanoPro.

While I am still a fan of Adam's Ceramic coatings, Ceramic Pro's, and CQuartz, this one coming in at 9.5H hardness and all its application advantages (reduced application restrictions), I have to date applied to a couple Harley Davidson's, a 2017 Grand Sport Corvette Convertible (collector edition, #96 of 1000 made), and a Dodge Viper (see my photo albums under my member name), I am increasingly amazed the more I use this product.

Anikajos
07-07-2017, 06:31 AM
I was getting carried away with too many products. Simple is better like you mention.