PDA

View Full Version : 845 left over residue

Griffin
06-25-2017, 09:28 PM
When I use 845 after the paint has been corrected I get circles that seem like left over residue that doesn't come off when I wipe off the excess. Does anyone else have this problem if so I how do you remove them or prevent them.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

392hemi
06-25-2017, 09:37 PM
Welcome to the forum. Couple questions so we can help you.

What was the process and products used for correction?

What vehicle?

What was process for applying 845? Very thin coats, apply and wipe off is what I do.

What was weather, humidity and did you apply indoors or sunlight?

Route246
06-25-2017, 11:38 PM
Maybe too thick? Does a quick detailer remove the problematic residuals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desertnate
06-26-2017, 07:39 AM
Do you have any pictures?

Without seeing anything, my vote is too much product and it sat too long for the environmental conditions. Wiping the areas with QD spray and a MF towel should take care of them.

Griffin
06-26-2017, 07:13 PM
Welcome to the forum. Couple questions so we can help you.

What was the process and products used for correction?

What vehicle?

What was process for applying 845? Very thin coats, apply and wipe off is what I do.

What was weather, humidity and did you apply indoors or sunlight?

Thanks for the welcome.
Vehicle 2005 Saab 9-3 nocturnal blue
Auto scrub first
Menzerna 400 with meguaiars microfiber cut pad
Menzerna 3800 with rupes yellow finishing pad
Used microfiber applicator pad and applied less than I did the first time. To the point where it was hard to tell what parts I did and didn't do before it dried. Let on for 10-15 mins then wiped off. And I tried 3 detail sprays and none of them got rid of the marks
Car is dirty now so you can't see the problem spots but it seems like their is extra wax imbedded in the paint

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

spazzz
06-26-2017, 08:16 PM
I would use a foam applicator pad, go over a spot with 845 and see if like removes like.
If you use your machine with a waxing pad you might have better luck with a more even layer.

Usually for wax and sealants I'll use the DA.

Route246
06-26-2017, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the welcome.
Vehicle 2005 Saab 9-3 nocturnal blue
Auto scrub first
Menzerna 400 with meguaiars microfiber cut pad
Menzerna 3800 with rupes yellow finishing pad
Used microfiber applicator pad and applied less than I did the first time. To the point where it was hard to tell what parts I did and didn't do before it dried. Let on for 10-15 mins then wiped off. And I tried 3 detail sprays and none of them got rid of the marks
Car is dirty now so you can't see the problem spots but it seems like their is extra wax imbedded in the paint

What was the weather and conditions like when you applied and wiped off?

Griffin
06-26-2017, 09:19 PM
What was the weather and conditions like when you applied and wiped off?

75 and at 8pm in a garage

PaulMys
06-28-2017, 07:31 PM
There has to be an underlying factor here. Deep swirls/scratches in the paint? 845 not warmed up to temp before use? Old bottle of 845? Let it dry to a haze before removal?

The reason I say this, is I have never had a problem removing 845. I can even nick a little bit of my textured plastic, and it is no problem at all to wipe off.

Daviddear30
06-28-2017, 09:14 PM
I have had nightmares with 845 on certain paints. Like anoily residue that showed up later on. Always had issues on my black c6 but never on any other vehicles

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

DBAILEY
06-29-2017, 02:06 AM
FK425 wipe down after I845 has always cleaned up the residue for me and help prevent attracting dust for that first day.

Griffin
06-29-2017, 06:29 PM
There has to be an underlying factor here. Deep swirls/scratches in the paint? 845 not warmed up to temp before use? Old bottle of 845? Let it dry to a haze before removal?

The reason I say this, is I have never had a problem removing 845. I can even nick a little bit of my textured plastic, and it is no problem at all to wipe off.

Nope brand new bottle of 845 was room temp at least and car was paint corrected 2 months ago and is swirl free

kevin_1981
06-29-2017, 09:58 PM
I personally havent had a problem with it. I usually apply by machine, and wipe it off within about 5 minutes. Good luck!

Desertnate
06-30-2017, 07:38 AM
I have had nightmares with 845 on certain paints. Like anoily residue that showed up later on. Always had issues on my black c6 but never on any other vehicles

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

That residue that shows up later has been referred to around here as "sweating". I get it too when I put the wax down too heavy and my car (also black) sits in the sun with high temps and humidy. A quick wipe down of the offending areas with a soft MF towels and QD spray takes care of the problem and they shouldn't come back.

james751993
06-30-2017, 07:56 AM
Hmmm I have this problem with collinites other waxes, but never with 845. 476 and 915 will leave oily swirls on my black paint if I let it dry for too long. I got around this by applying thin coats and buffing off the product as soon as it shows signs of hazing. Usually after 10 seconds or so. Ever since I employed that technique Ive had no issues. Experiment with drying times and see what works for you.

James