PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 and Need for Speed

ScottB
03-12-2006, 08:09 PM
Ok, let me be the first to admit that I am now outside the normal age to play video games. (35) That said, I have owned just about every system and have more than 50 games bought new and still sealed for multiple platforms. Dont have alot of free time to sit in front of the TV and play them, but they look so darn cool in the stores that I truly hope for some time to play them at least once. (never got into renting games)

Well my wife happened to visit Target one morning and found the "better" system sitting alone on a shelf. She picked it up remembering I said something about it around the holidays and thought I might use it , or resell on Ebay. So a couple of nights later I picked up a used copy of Need for Speed from someone on Amazon for 30.00 shipped.

Now let me preface this also in saying the Need for Speed has always been my favorite line. I played the 3DO (the true original version) for months on end. The last couple in carnations on the Xbox and PS2 were a little too cartoon-ish (bet some of you dont even remember a magazine/comic by the same name) and I was leary but needed something to test the 360 out.

I am like a junkie .... I need my fix daily. I have very little time, yet I find myself immersed for several hours each weekend. Now I am probably not the best at it ... but this rival thing kicks butt. I am currently hunting down the 8th rival after beating and collecting several highly modified cars. I do however feel quilty after winning the pink slip and modify them further and change the color. Ive got a Evo, RX8, IS300 (2 actually), Mustang, Cayenne, and Eclipse for my aresonal.

Anyone else in the mist of this game ?? Anyone beat it ?? When can I get the freakin Corvette ?? I am hooked and my wife is threatening to leave me. She even allows my infant son to use the joystick in hopes that batteries will run out. Please tell me someone else feels this way ....

98bmw323is
03-12-2006, 11:03 PM
yeah i was playing that game hours on end got up enough to buy the porche gt and modify it. then i got to be #2 on the list. i have one more mission to do but for the love of god cant complete it. its a milestone mission and everytime i get it i have to outrun those dam cops and cant get away i can be runnin from then for 15 min after already trying to complete the milestone for 20 min and i cant do it so i gave up. The corvette is nice but my fav car in the game is the viper, when you drive it it feels so power full and not all refined like the porches and lambos.

MasterShineBoy
03-12-2006, 11:13 PM
I love 360 I will hopefully get one soon. Are we on for a race when I do?

ScottB
03-13-2006, 11:38 PM
I love 360 I will hopefully get one soon. Are we on for a race when I do?

Your gonna get me in alot of trouble if I need to buy that wireless thingy for internet play. (the two player truly sucks, and is very slow in game). I did manage to get two hours of play and I now have a Mercedes CLK500, Lambo Gallardo, Viper, and Mustang in my aersonal. I want that SLR bad .... I also may need some phycological help soon as I truly love ramming police cars :eek:

To keep this on a detailing note .... the cars are sure clean and no streaks to be seen. Even after it rains ??

roaringlion
03-14-2006, 04:41 AM
Your gonna get me in alot of trouble if I need to buy that wireless thingy for internet play.
"Wireless thingy" lol, mate ya never to old to play video games, hell every time i go into a toyshop i STILL have to play with the toys that say "try me" IM the reason that shops dont alow that anymore :D

Corrado SLC NL
03-17-2006, 03:23 AM
yeah i was playing that game hours on end got up enough to buy the porche gt and modify it. then i got to be #2 on the list. i have one more mission to do but for the love of god cant complete it. its a milestone mission and everytime i get it i have to outrun those dam cops and cant get away i can be runnin from then for 15 min after already trying to complete the milestone for 20 min and i cant do it so i gave up. The corvette is nice but my fav car in the game is the viper, when you drive it it feels so power full and not all refined like the porches and lambos.

Go to the circle and use the CLK500 (its an f'ing boat) that's how I got all the bounty:D

ScottB
03-17-2006, 10:38 AM
I gave up .... the darn milestones are far to hard and far to long. I have won the DB9, Viper, Corvette and several others since last post. I only have the SLR and getting my M3 Back to beat the game. (well unless something else is tossed into the mix). It was fun while it lasted .... now what about the Burnout Revenge ?? Whens Top Gear coming out, saw the trailer at CC ??