PDA

View Full Version : MarkII backing plate not coming off

Pages : [1] 2

Edi25
06-24-2017, 01:08 PM
I just received rupes MarkII yesterday and I wanted to remove the backing plate
I wasn't going post this because I though it was just me but I came conclusion that the bolt in the middle just doesn't turn I used a lot force even had someone help me as I hold the backing plate and it still didn't budge.
Has anyone had this issue ?
I don't want have to send the machine back for something so simple

-Edi

SonOfOC
06-24-2017, 01:11 PM
It is very tight from factory. Make sure allen key is all the way in, use a hammer to gently tap it loose. Or if you have a allen socket, use it with a long ratchet for more leverage.

Eldorado2k
06-24-2017, 01:28 PM
I wouldn't bother trying any harder than you already have... Just slap a pad on it and be thankful it's on and not the other way around:)

custmsprty
06-24-2017, 01:30 PM
Why do you want to remove the backing plate on a brand new polisher? It most likley has loc tite on it.

Eldorado2k
06-24-2017, 01:32 PM
Why do you want to remove the backing plate on a brand new polisher? It most likley has loc tite on it.

They wouldn't put loc tite on it, would they?

But I agree, why remove it? To put it right back on?

Edi25
06-24-2017, 01:36 PM
I wanted to test the washer mod I made for it
I also purchased g21,rupes mini and the bolts on two machines came right off so it just made me more suspicious on why my rupes15 is lock so tight

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

custmsprty
06-24-2017, 01:38 PM
I personally wouldn't put a washer mod on a MK II, just my opinion. I never did it to my 1st gen. Have you polished a vehicle yet w/o the mod to see how powerful it is?

Rsurfer
06-24-2017, 01:40 PM
If you really want to get it off, do what SonOfOC recommended.

Eldorado2k
06-24-2017, 01:44 PM
So you got your new toy and can't get the darn backing plate plate off eh?

I feel your pain... I've got a much anticipated package on the way. Been waiting about a week and the dang tracking says it's finally about 20min. away at it's destination center, but from there it usually takes another day to wind up at the local post office and in my mailbox which means I have to wait till Monday but today's the perfect day and I want my stuff! Lol.

I'm willing to drive to that post office if it's possible for my to show them ID and simply get my package... But I don't know if that's possible.

Edi25
06-24-2017, 01:47 PM
I personally wouldn't put a washer mod on a MK II, just my opinion. I never did it to my 1st gen. Have you polished a vehicle yet w/o the mod to see how powerful it is?

I haven't yet I think I'm just going wait it out
And see how it works without it
I just though it was weird that the backing plate didn't want come off or budge one bit

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

The Guz
06-24-2017, 01:49 PM
It comes tight. Had the same issue with my MKII and the duetto. The duetto was even tighter.

The tool works great with and without the washer mod.

Edi25
06-24-2017, 01:51 PM
So you got your new toy and can't get the darn backing plate plate off eh?

I feel your pain... I've got a much anticipated package on the way. Been waiting about a week and the dang tracking says it's finally about 20min. away at it's destination center, but from there it usually takes another day to wind up at the local post office and in my mailbox which means I have to wait till Monday but today's the perfect day and I want my stuff! Lol.

I'm willing to drive to that post office if it's possible for my to show them ID and simply get my package... But I don't know if that's possible.

Yea I'm little upset but all have to wait it out and see what happens I'm just being impatient at this point
Agreed I ordered a bunch pads for my machines and it's suppose to get delivered today so I've been going to my door every hour hoping the package by my door step Lol
You might actually be able to if you give them a call not really sure of it but I don't see why wouldn't they

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Edi25
06-24-2017, 01:52 PM
It comes tight. Had the same issue with my MKII and the duetto. The duetto was even tighter.

The tool works great with and without the washer mod.

Where you ever able to remove the backing plate?

Eldorado2k
06-24-2017, 01:54 PM
Yea I'm little upset but all have to wait it out and see what happens I'm just being impatient at this point
Agreed I ordered a bunch pads for my machines and it's suppose to get delivered today so I've been going to my door every hour hoping the package by my door step Lol
You might actually be able to if you give them a call not really sure of it but I don't see why wouldn't they

Yea I just tried calling but of course no answer... But their website seems to show the option to.

I'm gonna drive to my local post office now and find out in person. With the greatest luck my package will be there and make my day. I don't want to wait till Monday I have the weekend off right now! Lol.

idriveblackcars
06-24-2017, 01:55 PM

I go back and forth and to be honest it's not really that big of a deal. It I am using a washer(and mine are from KB I didn't make my own) I know I will most likely be cutting and using compounds. I will usually work at a speed 4 for foam pads and speed 3 for microfibers.

If I'm washerless then it's speeds 4/5 mostly. I love the polisher both ways. Another benefit of the washer is not worrying about lubricating the housing which really isn't a big deal either .