PDA

View Full Version : Klasse layers and Wolfgang questions

Bonifax
12-09-2007, 11:18 PM
1. I just polished one of my cars with XMT 1 to remove old wax and minor swirls and used Klasse as LSP, I know you can add layers to klasse and it will add protection and gloss but don't know if it's really necessary to wait 8 to 12 hours between layers.

2. I have Wolfgang DGPS on my other car and was wondering if this sealant can be layered as Klasse with the same effects (protection and looks).

Tonya
12-09-2007, 11:24 PM
1. Bonifax you should wait at least 12 hours between the Klasse layers. It all depends on temp and humidy. But you should be fine with a 12 hour cure time.
2. Sorry I have not used it.

supercharged
12-10-2007, 07:28 AM
1. I just polished one of my cars with XMT 1 to remove old wax and minor swirls and used Klasse as LSP, I know you can add layers to klasse and it will add protection and gloss but don't know if it's really necessary to wait 8 to 12 hours between layers.

2. I have Wolfgang DGPS on my other car and was wondering if this sealant can be layered as Klasse with the same effects (protection and looks).
I'd wait at least 12 hours in between coats...best bet for finicky sealants like Klasse SG would be 24 hours...

MoBenzOwner
12-10-2007, 08:39 AM
For any noobs reading this thread they are talking about Klasse Sealant. Klasse AIO cannot be layered as it is a cleaner.

Dust2Glory
12-10-2007, 10:23 AM
For any noobs reading this thread they are talking about Klasse Sealant. Klasse AIO cannot be layered as it is a cleaner.

:whs:... layering AIO's is pointless... although it does protect, if you keep doing the same process, the cleaners are what effect the paint first and as it settles the protection comes in. If using an AIO, lay that down first. I wouldn't always wait 12 hrs, as it's not a true sealant, then top with WG DGS... which WG is more for looks than protection. The Surf City Nano seal is supposed to set up within 20 minutes before you can add something else on top of it.

Bonifax
12-10-2007, 11:03 AM
Thanx guys :cheers:

So I guess the wolf DGPS can be layered also right?
Today I applied a second layer of Klasse sealant and believe me it continues to pop the finish, very plastic, but I like it.

:o sorry I didn't mention it was "klasse sealant" at the beginning of the thread.

makdaddy626
12-10-2007, 11:17 AM
Yes, WG DGPS can be layered, in my experenience it doesn't add much, I usualy do 2 layers to insure full even coverage. Then if you want to add a little something, top it with Souveran... WOW!

budman3
12-10-2007, 11:59 AM
Yes, WG DGPS can be layered, in my experenience it doesn't add much, I usualy do 2 layers to insure full even coverage. Then if you want to add a little something, top it with Souveran... WOW!

Anything over 2 layers of a sealant within, lets say 1 month, is pointless and a waste of time and product, IMO.

Dust2Glory
12-10-2007, 02:38 PM
Anything over 2 layers of a sealant within, lets say 1 month, is pointless and a waste of time and product, IMO.

:goodpost: the sealant has to have something to bond with... 2 layers will ensure complete coverage... top with your favorite wax for the extra durability and the shine/depth factor. If you put on too many coats it'll just wash off or whatever.