PDA

View Full Version : Buffing vs. Polishing towels

BrianJ
12-09-2007, 02:48 PM
Silly question of the day.....

What is the difference between buffing vs. polishing towels?

Jimmie
12-09-2007, 03:13 PM
Well first Brian :welcome: and second there are no silly questions around here. You will find the greatest group of people here ready to help others.
You will get a lot of different opinions with your question. Here's the way I look at it. Final buff I prefer a little more fluffy nap type towel. For removing wax or polish (the term polish here refers to an abrasive or chemical paint restorer) I prefer a towel that is soft but has little nap, like the Cobra Edgeless.

BrianJ
12-09-2007, 03:30 PM
Thanks. :)

Which product would you use with the buffing towel?

Z06-Goose
12-09-2007, 03:44 PM
To remove wax, I like using short-nap towels. For final inspection, after removal; long-nap towels, or any towel really
I think you kind of learn which towel to favor in what situation, and depending on the product, I usually try one or two, and use the one that feels better...

Tonya
12-09-2007, 05:22 PM
Well first Brian :welcome: and second there are no silly questions around here. You will find the greatest group of people here ready to help others.
You will get a lot of different opinions with your question. Here's the way I look at it. Final buff I prefer a little more fluffy nap type towel. For removing wax or polish (the term polish here refers to an abrasive or chemical paint restorer) I prefer a towel that is soft but has little nap, like the Cobra Edgeless.
:iagree: with :whs: and :welcome:

ScottB
12-09-2007, 07:36 PM
color ... no seriously, it is usually the knap of the towel itself. The short weave is better for wax and polish removal. The ultra thicks are best for qd'ing and general wiping.