PDA

View Full Version : product for Artico leather

Thawatchai Tantakarn
06-21-2017, 04:33 AM
As I know , the artico leather is not the real leather so I am not sure that I can use leather conditioner/cleaner for artico leather or not. Could anybody let me know about this?

dcjredline
06-21-2017, 06:45 AM
I do not know Artico leather specifically but if it is not real leather I would think that a leather conditioner would not condition it. I wouldnt put leather conditioner on vinyl. It may not hurt vinyl or Artico leather but it wont do what it is intended to. I would try a leather cleaner but again why not just a light APC and some plastic / vinyl dressing like Meguiar's #40, that cleans and conditions plastic, vinyl, rubber

Eldorado2k
06-21-2017, 06:56 AM
I do not know Artico leather specifically but if it is not real leather I would think that a leather conditioner would not condition it. I wouldnt put leather conditioner on vinyl. It may not hurt vinyl or Artico leather but it wont do what it is intended to.

I don't know about Artico leather either, but as far as MBTex they advise against using leather conditioner on it for some reason.. However I've been maintaining the black interior of a 2014 E Class with MBTex w/Meguiars D180 Leather Cleaner & Conditioner for well over a year with no ill effects. Works great on it considering how dry and coarse MBTex is on it's own.

The label says it's for leather and vinyl.

Thawatchai Tantakarn
06-21-2017, 10:43 PM
Thanks for all comments. Then I will try as your kind comment,not use if its label say only for leather , should be for "vinyl" or "leather and vinyl". Thanks again.

dcjredline
06-21-2017, 11:01 PM
Yeah, I was just thinking that something that is supposed to soak into and soften leather (Cause it is porous) wouldn't be needed on vinyl or any other non-porous surface like vinyl. Pretty sure vinyl conditioners sort of sit on the top of it. So no need for something that is made to soak in.

Thawatchai Tantakarn
06-22-2017, 10:32 PM
Yeah, I was just thinking that something that is supposed to soak into and soften leather (Cause it is porous) wouldn't be needed on vinyl or any other non-porous surface like vinyl. Pretty sure vinyl conditioners sort of sit on the top of it. So no need for something that is made to soak in.

Thanks a lot for information and nice recommend.