PDA

View Full Version : Carnauba sweating

james751993
06-20-2017, 05:36 AM
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has found a way to resolve carnauba sweating? It happens when you freshly wax your car with some carnauba waxes (in my case supernatural wax, had the problem with swissvax too) and expose the paint to high temperatures such as a hot summers day. What happens is the wax rehazes and widespread clouding of the paint occurs. This is very disheartening considering the work I put into the car. Any advice would be great.

Thank you!
James

GSKR
06-20-2017, 07:13 AM
put somefreezing cold towels on it.Sometimes a quick swipe or will remove haze.Put a towel in a tub with some cubes and cold water.Then ring it out and lay it on your hood or problem area.

GSKR
06-20-2017, 07:20 AM
Then toss the wax lol.There are much better waxes out there without this problem.Sometimes collinite will sweat if its humid out or if I layered it to thick.But with collinite I will deal with it because I know what to expect as far durability its simply a good wax.Others that sweat I won't buy.There are really nice waxes out there with no hazing.

Desertnate
06-20-2017, 07:26 AM
I think the amount of wax being applied is typically the problem. 845 sweats for me, but only in the areas where I get careless and apply too much.

Even when it does sweat, I'll simply wash the car and then wipe down the offending spots with a QD spray and a MF towel. At that point they'll go away and not come back...no big deal.

WillSports3
06-20-2017, 07:44 AM
If you apply carnauba wax it's a good idea to keep a panel you just did an ice water spritz and wipe down to make it easier for yourself.

Cleankat
06-23-2017, 04:56 AM
I had to stop using 845 when I moved to Florida. Never had a single issue with it when I lived up north. Shame because it's such a great wax but it doesn't jive well with heat and humidity. Granted the hazing wipes off but after buffing it to perfection only to get somewhere and park to admire your work and its all hazy is frustrating to say the least.

Meguiars no. 26 paste doesn't haze over for me but it certainly doesn't have the longevity of the 845. I do think the shine is superior however.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

fightnews
06-23-2017, 07:03 AM
Synergy does this if you don't remove the polishing oils. Even if you do remove them it can do it. Especially if you use to much

swanicyouth
06-23-2017, 02:45 PM
Nope I haven't found a way. IME it's a function of 3 things:

1. Particular "wax" product being used (usually only may happen with paste style products).

2. Ambient temp/humidity

3. Color of car (of course it can happen on any color, but really only noticeable on darker colors).

Quite frankly, IME - it's just easier to switch to a different wax if you are having this issue. I have really not found any way to stop it 100% (with susceptible products) and have tried most of the tips / tricks recommended. It usually subsides after the first wash - but still may not go away 100%.

Kamakaz1961
06-23-2017, 03:42 PM
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has found a way to resolve carnauba sweating? It happens when you freshly wax your car with some carnauba waxes (in my case supernatural wax, had the problem with swissvax too) and expose the paint to high temperatures such as a hot summers day. What happens is the wax rehazes and widespread clouding of the paint occurs. This is very disheartening considering the work I put into the car. Any advice would be great.

Thank you!
James

I feel your pain! To me, I usually get rid of these waxes. Not to sound like a snob...there are many more quality waxes that will not ghost (I believe that is the right term). I have learned from 1st hand experience when this happens and it SUCKS!. All that hard work for what? The only way to get rid of it is to wipe off the areas like you were removing the wax from the 1st time. Just make sure your ride is clean to do the wipe down. BTW, it will re-appear again sometime down the road. That is when I will re-clay and re-do the entire process again. To me there are a few brands that do not ghost (my experience at least). I like Polish Angel liquid wax, Pinnacle Souveran, Fuzion, Son1C Phoenix, any Poor Boy's Wax, Sonax, P21 and a few more.

A good way to tell that a wax will not ghost is that the wax instructions will say; can be applied in the sun. I would never wax in the sun, however, that will let you know that it will probably not ghost.

I hope this helps.