PDA

View Full Version : Help me find a Glaze with fillers for this process...

Pages : [1] 2

Jester7677
06-18-2017, 09:28 AM
Looking for a relatively quick glaze with fillers when I'm not doing a full once a year polish on my personal cars (Silver Hondas and Grey Metallic Audi). So perhaps once or twice a year (most likely the Grey Metallic Audi) I would like to do something less time consuming and less aggressive.

I would like to...

Foam Cannon Wash with 2 bucket method
Clay only an area if really really needed.
Wipe with Water/Rubbing Alcohol mix.
Glaze (what to use???) to be used with either 5.5" pads on Flex or 3.5" pads on PC. I have Orange, White and Grey/Black pads.
LSP (FK1000p)

What Glaze or Polish will fillers would you recommend and what pad would you use knowing that it will be topped with FK1000p, and I don't want to buy more pads? I'm sticking with that because I live in NH and need the longevity. If it turns cold fast, I don't want to get caught with anything less than FK1000p on the car, and I have a nice tin of it and love it. It would be fantastic if the Glaze would be done in only a few passes.

Here's what I have been able to search and my current thought, in order of current winner...

CarPro Essence Xtreme Gloss Enhancer - This is currently winning because I'm thinking it will ever so slightly correct, decent fill, great gloss and perhaps best for LSP to bond with.
Poorboy’s World Black Hole Show Glaze for Dark Vehicles

For reference, once a year I will polish my 3 cars with hopefully nothing more aggressive than...

Foam Cannon Wash and 2 Bucket Method
Clay if needed
If needed polish with Jescar Correcting Compound using a Flex 3401 equipped with 6.5" or 5.5" Lake Force Hybrid Orange pad
Polish with M205 using a Flex 3401 equipped with 6.5" or 5.5" Lake Force Hybrid orange or white pad -OR- PC using 3.5" Lake Orange or White pads.
Glaze (not currently but hope to in the future)
LSP (FK1000p)

FUNX650
06-18-2017, 10:13 AM
I would like to...

Foam Cannon Wash with 2 bucket method
Clay only an area if really really needed.
Wipe with Water/Rubbing Alcohol mix.
Glaze (what to use???) to be used with either 5.5" pads on Flex or 3.5" pads on PC. I have Orange, White and Grey/Black pads.
LSP (FK1000p)

IMO:
•Glaze...Finish Kare Foam Pad Glaze
•Eliminate the water/rubbing alcohol step (#3):
-you're not applying a Coating; and the
Finish Kare products don't call for its use

What Glaze or Polish will fillers would you
recommend and what pad would you use
knowing that it will be topped with FK1000p

•Finish Kare Foam Pad Glaze
•Gray/Black Pad should work for your scenarios

Foam Cannon Wash and 2 Bucket Method
Clay if needed
If needed polish with Jescar Correcting Compound using a Flex 3401 equipped with 6.5" or 5.5" Lake Force Hybrid Orange pad
Polish with M205 using a Flex 3401 equipped with 6.5" or 5.5" Lake Force Hybrid orange or white pad -OR- PC using 3.5" Lake Orange or White pads.
Glaze (not currently but hope to in the future)
Finish Kare Foam Pad Glaze
LSP (FK1000p)

Bob

Jester7677
06-18-2017, 10:29 AM
Bob, thanks for the feedback. Two things.

I have a sealed 4oz bottle of FK303 Foam Pad Glaze that I got as part of a sample package of FK products, probably 8 years ago. Everything has been kept in a cool 63 degree basement. Think it's still good?

Second, while I will give the FK303 a shot (why not, I have it unless you tell me above not to use it...), I was attracted to the CarPro Essence Xtreme Gloss Enhancer because of my perceived filling results, gloss and durability of those results. Let's be honest, Google can only find like 3 comments on FK303, so after this much time, it's not giving me the warm and fuzzies... :) Also, no mention of fillers in FK303. My goal is to be gentle but as glossy as possible and something I can touch up and keep that way over time.

Any comments you have on that would be great, and if you're a father... Happy Father's Day!

Rmd
06-18-2017, 10:34 AM
I've used prima amigo under FK1000 with no problems. It's advertised as filling light imperfections, and will clean paint in between polishing.

FUNX650
06-18-2017, 11:08 AM
while I will give the FK303 a shot
I was attracted to the CarPro Essence
Xtreme Gloss Enhancer because of my
perceived filling results, gloss and
durability of those results.

Let's be honest, Google can only find like
3 comments on FK303,

so after this much time, it's not giving
me the warm and fuzzies... :)
Also, no mention of fillers in FK303.

My goal is to be gentle but as glossy
as possible and something I can touch
up and keep that way over time.

•I do understand that, quite often,
perception does drive acceptation.

•FK 303/1000P for "Synergy"
{perhaps just another perception?}

•Honestly...
-I don't do
Google reviews

•My other Glaze suggestion is:
-3M Imperial Hand Glaze.

Happy Father's Day!

Bob

ronkh57
06-18-2017, 04:14 PM
Poorboys

CarolinasFinestDetailing
06-18-2017, 08:47 PM
If you're already pulling out your machines; may as well grab some HD Speed. While it doesn't "fill"; you can literally buzz over the surface super quick and enhance the surface rather than filling. Go over the whole car then remove where you started.

GSKR
06-18-2017, 09:32 PM
•I do understand that, quite often,
perception does drive acceptation.

•FK 303/1000P for "Synergy"
{perhaps just another perception?}

•Honestly...
-I don't do
Google reviews

•My other Glaze suggestion is:
-3M Imperial Hand Glaze.

Happy Father's Day!

Bob

Agree

GSKR
06-18-2017, 09:33 PM
Or plum crazy.

Jester7677
06-19-2017, 04:52 AM
If you're already pulling out your machines; may as well grab some HD Speed. While it doesn't "fill"; you can literally buzz over the surface super quick and enhance the surface rather than filling. Go over the whole car then remove where you started.

These are my personal cars and I want to abrade the paint as little and as infrequently as possible, but still have a glossy near swirl free appearance.

I decided to go with Poorboys Black Hole due to the results and reviews. I also believe it has no abrasives. I have used Imperial Hand Glaze in the past and while it cleaned and glossed, I never found it to fill. Same with Danase Wet Glaze (which I still have a bottle of). FK 303 has abrasives, but since I have it, I'll give it a shot in a 50/50 scenario on a grey metallic Honda that is outside 24/7.

Thanks all!

fightnews
06-19-2017, 05:38 AM
I'd get the menzerna glaze or chemical guys. The finishkare has abrasive.

Jester7677
06-19-2017, 06:04 AM
If what I have doesn't work out or it's effects disappear quickly under FK1000p, I'll try something else. I'll be splitting the rear trunk on the Honda and I'll take pictures after each wash.

Desertnate
06-19-2017, 08:11 AM
Both Poorboys and Prima Amigo will work well under most sealants and waxes.

I like Poorboys Black Hole for it's filling ability and overall appearance, but I actually use Amigo when going for a glaze due to its mild cleaning/abrasive properties. It will work like a paint cleaner and glaze. It also is VERY easy to use.

FUNX650
06-19-2017, 08:21 AM
I'd get the menzerna glaze or chemical guys.
The finishkare has abrasive.
Which Menzerna and Chemical Guys
Glazes are you talking about. Thanks.

Bob

chet31
06-19-2017, 10:43 PM

Agree with this. If you're worried about removing clear coat, use something like Menzerna SF 3800.