PDA

View Full Version : Best Way to Deal with Parking Under an Airport?

rick3000
06-18-2017, 03:52 AM
Hi Everyone,

A friends recently purchased a new to them car, the paint is in great condition and I applied a coat of WG sealant and Meg's Gold Sythetic wax when they bought it (wanted a wax they could buy anywhere). The car is outside 24/7 and ease of use is a major factor, so I suggested they take the car to the DIY coin wash once a week (never using the brush), and wax the car once a month (and treat the plastic trim). However, they park outside at an airpot during the day right next to the runway and helipads, and I have learned that the car is getting covered in a fine dust, which I assume is fallout from the planes.

Taking into account ease of use, if there anything else I could recommend they do to protect their paint from fallout, beside regular washing and waxing?

Thanks, -Rick

GSKR
06-18-2017, 06:09 AM
I personally would not deal with wax.Maybe a good paint sealer or hydro 2 if time is important. If they want to spend some money on a coating that will outlast any paint sealant.But here is the kicker once coated there is maintenance you will still get fallout and above surface contamination but at least not as much or hard to remove rather using a paint sealant.Another option is to apply collinite every month that's the only wax I will use if need be.

Tempest45
06-18-2017, 03:45 PM
Optiseal is about as easy as it gets.

custmsprty
06-18-2017, 03:52 PM
Optiseal is about as easy as it gets.

I personally was never impressed with Opti Seal. I used it once and it ended up the detailing product graveyard in my garage.