PDA

View Full Version : You guys throw your drying towels in with other MF's to wash?

Pages : [1] 2 3

PaulMys
06-17-2017, 08:29 PM
Was just wondering about this. Went crazy on the truck last week. Full soup-to-nuts de-con, clay, AIO & wax.

Threw all my towels (meaning my AIO & wax removal towels plus my drying towels) into the wash with my Pinnacle MF cleaner, then dried them like usual on very low heat. They came out very clean as always. Fold, bag, and put back on the shelf.

It rained like crazy here yesterday, and today after the mist subsided, (still cloudy though) I went out and knocked the excess water off the truck.

Thing is, the towels (Cobra Guzzlers) seemed a little lacking from their norm. (IMO). You guys think they got some AIO (Speed) or wax (845) transfer from the wash?

rlmccarty2000
06-17-2017, 08:39 PM
I wash all my towels together and have noticed no ill effects. Still using the same soap? I still like Tide Free and Clear. I've used the soaps formulated for microfibers and still keep going back to Tide. Tide just cleans better.

PaulMys
06-17-2017, 08:43 PM
Yeah, same product from Pinnacle I've always used. Happy with it too. Maybe I'm old & imagining things, but I'm usually pretty in tune with how anything works (or does not work), and I swear the Guzzlers were not quite themselves today.

KirkH
06-17-2017, 08:48 PM
I separate wheel and tire towels and wash them with heavy vinyl/rubber/plastic dressing towels. The rest I wash together.

kevincwelch
06-17-2017, 09:25 PM
I don't like my guzzler. Maybe it's just me, but of all my towels (Griots, Big Blue, Dry Me a River, Guzzler), the guzzler doesn't guzzle any more. It is middle aged among my towels.

(Sent via my mobile device...)

PaulMys
06-17-2017, 09:31 PM
I don't like my guzzler. Maybe it's just me, but of all my towels (Griots, Big Blue, Dry Me a River, Guzzler), the guzzler doesn't guzzle any more. It is middle aged among my towels.

(Sent via my mobile device...)

I know they aren't the "cat's meow" lately. But they have always been adequate for me. I use my leaf blower and the Guzzlers do the "mop up" work. Not into buying a more expensive towel right now. It's fishing season here, and bucktails, lead, and live bait cost a pretty penny. :)

Just thought I noticed a bit of difference today.

kevincwelch
06-17-2017, 09:52 PM
...but the thought had occurred to me that I did get my Guzzler embedded with a bunch of sealant that hasn't come out. Maybe I'll try soaking it in some degreaser for a while and washing again.

TTQ B4U
06-17-2017, 10:16 PM
I wash my towels separately in batches to keep contamination and lint to a minimum. Usually in four batches.

My main product removal towels for polishes/sealants\
Rinseless Wash Towels
Lower end/demoted MF towels for inside doors and interior or wheels
Final buff/gloss spray towels - These I'm realy picky about as I can't have them get any lint or anything on them from other towels

oboroballa03
06-17-2017, 10:26 PM
I wash my towels separately in batches to keep contamination and lint to a minimum. Usually in four batches.

Rinseless Wash Towels
Final buff/gloss spray towels - These I'm realy picky about as I can't have them get any lint or anything on them from other towels

I do the same thing and my wife thinks its crazy as do a lot of ppl but atleast i know i am not the only one lol

fly07sti
06-17-2017, 10:48 PM

Rinseless Wash Towels

+1
I also do a separate load for glass.

fightnews
06-18-2017, 04:12 AM
i wash my drying towels with my good paint towels since they dont get very dirty. Thats on the drying towels for paint. The drying towels for trim and door lamb ect get washed with the all purpose towels. I use cotton terry for the real dirty stuff and they all get washed together.

I separate my good towels by light color and dark colors

fightnews
06-18-2017, 04:41 AM
I wash all my towels together and have noticed no ill effects. Still using the same soap? I still like Tide Free and Clear. I've used the soaps formulated for microfibers and still keep going back to Tide. Tide just cleans better.

im thinking of going back to tide free as well. Not exclusively just back to a mix of microfiber cleaner and tide free IDK.

DetailKitty
06-18-2017, 07:53 AM
I wash all my "paint towels" together. I add rejuvenator and vinegar to the wash.
Personally I wonder if your Guzzlers are just old. Mine are a little long in the tooth and don't work quite as well as they used to. I was planning on retiring them this summer and buying new ones. Mine are 3-4 years old at this point.

Legumes
06-18-2017, 08:56 AM
The only towels I wash separately are for wheels, tires, wheel wells, and underhood ones. Anything used on the exterior paint gets washed together and in ten years time of doing that, I've not encountered an issue yet.

thesilverone
06-18-2017, 09:31 AM
+1 for tide free and clear