PDA

View Full Version : Cleaner wax every after wash?

Arie Zhai
06-15-2017, 12:59 PM
Hello all, some questions pop up my mind and I need guidance from all of you.

So here`s the case.

I little bit addicted for waxing my car, everytime after wash it i applied car wax with my DA Polisher. I know it`s sounds overkill and wasting time also money, but i feel find my zen in applying wax. 😂 😂

My car is black Toyota Altis

My question is :

1. It`s that okay to applying wax after every wash? I always wash it at weekend.

2. I usually use cleaner wax (megs), i also have some dodo juice, Chemical guys and FK1000P, but i usually use that two because the price is less expensive, again it`s that could make some trouble in future?? Since i applied it after every wash

3. Which one is best way to apply wax? Using hand or machine? I actually prefer use DA for creating thin and even coat.

Any suggestions will be appreciated

Sent from my Grand2 using Tapatalk

Eldorado2k
06-15-2017, 01:09 PM
I think you'd be better off switching to something like Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish instead of cleaner wax, or any other kind of wax or sealant..
For 1: You are polishing away a small bit of clearcoat everytime you polish your paint using it with a polisher, and doing it weekly could prove to be excessive in the long run.

Using something like Megs Ultimate Fast Finish will be faster and leave your paint alot smoother and slicker than any cleaner wax + your car will probably stay noticeably cleaner throughout the week.

If buying a new can every few weeks makes your wallet cringe, then you're being to cheap for your own obsession. No wax, sealant, or anything runs out That fast.

Also, make sure your paint is smooth before doing any of this... If you need to clay you better do it before anything. Does your paint pass the baggie test?

LEDetailing
06-15-2017, 01:31 PM
I agree with switching to a non-abrasive/finishing wax. Especially if you are using a DA. Just the weight of the machine combined with the abrasive in a cleaner wax are going to be removing clear. I think Meguiar's Gold class paste wax look great for the price. Ultimate paste wax is has good reviews, but I've never used it.

I personally prefer applying wax by hand with a foam applicator. The yellow wax applicator Meguiar's pads work great. my only DA is a Rupes 15. Too big anyways to get in all the smaller areas. I also don't want to spend the extra money on wax specific DA pads. I feel like I would never be able to get all the wax or sealant out of the foam pads.

BadgerRivFan
06-15-2017, 02:46 PM
Waxing your car every week after a wash is just plain overkill. Might be a better idea to focus your need to "apply" something to your paint every week to various quick detailers used as a drying aid after your wash. If you like using wax as your LSP (Dodo, Chemical Guys, etc.), then perhaps try something with carnauba wax in it such as Pinnacle Crystal Mist or BlackFire Midnight Sun Instant Detailer.

Putting a finishing wax, cleaner wax, sealant, etc. on your paint after every weekly wash is just not a good idea IMHO. If you're using wax, once every 1-3 months is plenty...

Arie Zhai
06-15-2017, 04:04 PM
I think you'd be better off switching to something like Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish instead of cleaner wax, or any other kind of wax or sealant..
For 1: You are polishing away a small bit of clearcoat everytime you polish your paint using it with a polisher, and doing it weekly could prove to be excessive in the long run.

Using something like Megs Ultimate Fast Finish will be faster and leave your paint alot smoother and slicker than any cleaner wax + your car will probably stay noticeably cleaner throughout the week.

If buying a new can every few weeks makes your wallet cringe, then you're being to cheap for your own obsession. No wax, sealant, or anything runs out That fast.

Also, make sure your paint is smooth before doing any of this... If you need to clay you better do it before anything. Does your paint pass the baggie test?
I'll try it next wash, also trying your suggestion. Thanks

Arie Zhai
06-15-2017, 04:07 PM
Waxing your car every week after a wash is just plain overkill. Might be a better idea to focus your need to "apply" something to your paint every week to various quick detailers used as a drying aid after your wash. If you like using wax as your LSP (Dodo, Chemical Guys, etc.), then perhaps try something with carnauba wax in it such as Pinnacle Crystal Mist or BlackFire Midnight Sun Instant Detailer.

Putting a finishing wax, cleaner wax, sealant, etc. on your paint after every weekly wash is just not a good idea IMHO. If you're using wax, once every 1-3 months is plenty...
Thanks for suggestions, I'll try some pinnacle next week

VISITOR
06-15-2017, 04:55 PM
while everyone's conditions are different, you shouldn't have to apply a cleaner wax every week. if you have the itch to apply something weekly, use a spray wax after a wash and then re-apply the cleaner wax every month (4 weeks)...

Arie Zhai
06-15-2017, 05:01 PM
while everyone's conditions are different, you shouldn't have to apply a cleaner wax every week. if you have the itch to apply something weekly, use a spray wax after a wash and then re-apply the cleaner wax every month (4 weeks)...
Thanks for the advice

Route246
06-16-2017, 10:45 PM
It's your car, your time, your money, your decision. Agree that a cleaner is not going to be good in the long run if you are doing this weekly. I also understand the sheer joy of using your DA to apply wax. I don't believe you can over-wax your paint with a non-abrasive product. You should also check for contamination and clay when necessary. I was waxing my daily driver once a week for a few months but that was mainly because I had spare time (used 476s) and wanted to try different pads. Now I just use Optimum spray wax as a quick detailer after a weekly wash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fightnews
06-17-2017, 03:37 AM
Hello all, some questions pop up my mind and I need guidance from all of you.

So here`s the case.

I little bit addicted for waxing my car, everytime after wash it i applied car wax with my DA Polisher. I know it`s sounds overkill and wasting time also money, but i feel find my zen in applying wax. �� ��

My car is black Toyota Altis

My question is :

1. It`s that okay to applying wax after every wash? I always wash it at weekend.

2. I usually use cleaner wax (megs), i also have some dodo juice, Chemical guys and FK1000P, but i usually use that two because the price is less expensive, again it`s that could make some trouble in future?? Since i applied it after every wash

3. Which one is best way to apply wax? Using hand or machine? I actually prefer use DA for creating thin and even coat.

Any suggestions will be appreciated

switch over to spray wax for maintenance every week, use cleaner wax every 8-12 weeks