PDA

View Full Version : Another Product Recommendation Thread

Rejiggered
06-14-2017, 04:58 PM
Hi all, will try to make this quick. Here's the plan, based on endlessly combing threads. I'm reaching paralysis by analysis stage, and could use a second opinion.

Car:
- 2014 Silver Lexus, generally very good condition paint, aside from some scratches and deeper RIDS

Me:
- Newb first-timer
- GG6 with 3"/5" backing plate and various foam pads, microfiber
- Want spot compound the various scratches and give the whole thing a light polish

Product considering (based on assumed 'soft' Lexus paint):
- UC/UP/205
- HD Cut/Polish
- Boss FCC/PC

Sound reasonable? Any you recommend more than others? Six of one, half a dozen of the other?

Thanks!

custmsprty
06-14-2017, 05:17 PM
HD Cut + & HD Polish + :buffing:

11Duramax
06-14-2017, 05:39 PM
Try M205 with Meguiars microfiber finishing pads. Here's a good article about that combo. Meguiar?s M205: Cutting & Finishing Versatility | Ask a Pro Blog (http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-Pro/meguiars-m205-cutting-finishing-versatility/)

lane5515
06-14-2017, 09:25 PM
HD Cut + & HD Polish + :buffing:

This ^ or the Boss Creams are great to work with also.

mwoywod
06-14-2017, 10:04 PM
This ^ or the Boss Creams are great to work with also.

I agree ^ except I've found that my go to duo is typically Boss Fast Correcting Cream to cut and HD Polish+ to finish

Rejiggered
06-14-2017, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. A quick follow-up question…

Would you prefer finishing with HD polish/Boss PC, or something like HD Speed (I understand two different products)?

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Chevyguy95
06-14-2017, 11:42 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. A quick follow-up question…

Would you prefer finishing with HD polish/Boss PC, or something like HD Speed (I understand two different products)?

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

I use the Griot's FCC and then their Perfecting cream with matching pads. If you're looking to polish whole car after spot treating some scratches you may be better off with HD speed because it's an AIO (All-In-One). Up to you, but only compound and polishing will get the paint close to perfection, while AIO usually corrects about 80% depending on pad and speed using on polisher