PDA

View Full Version : Flex 3401- how safe is it?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Thejoyofdriving
01-07-2008, 01:31 AM
Now only if the Flex was a little bit cheaper...

Well, yes it is expensive, but in this case at least you pay for what you get. In this case you pay top dollar, but you get back top quality(except for the problem i had with the backing plate.) but other than that, it feels great in your had, you can tell its built real solid. The grip is comfortable, the machine runs smoother than any other DA ive tried, and even almost all orbitals. Rotarys arent that cheap either, the flex is about as much $ and a lot safer to use. Also if your running your own business like i am, it pays its self back in time savings. I say, bite the bullet, get one, if you dont think its worth it, return it, but i doubt that will happen.

ZoranC
01-07-2008, 01:39 AM
... (except for the problem i had with the backing plate.) ...
What is an update on that one?

Thejoyofdriving
01-07-2008, 01:51 AM
What is an update on that one?

Havent got a chance to use the new BP, and i didnt call the guy at westren tool supply because really, i dont think it matters, the point is that it did what it did, and it shouldn't have. What may have caused it...i dont know, but really its flexs job to research these kinds of things not mine

budman3
01-07-2008, 10:24 AM
Well, yes it is expensive, but in this case at least you pay for what you get. In this case you pay top dollar, but you get back top quality(except for the problem i had with the backing plate.) but other than that, it feels great in your had, you can tell its built real solid. The grip is comfortable, the machine runs smoother than any other DA ive tried, and even almost all orbitals. Rotarys arent that cheap either, the flex is about as much $ and a lot safer to use. Also if your running your own business like i am, it pays its self back in time savings. I say, bite the bullet, get one, if you dont think its worth it, return it, but i doubt that will happen.

There's no doubt that the machine is worth it- it's just that I have a PC7424, a UDM and a rotary already and don't have the extra money to spend on another buffer, at this point in time. I'd have to sell one of the buffers I have now and get more customers to justify the purchase. Plus I have a long winter ahead of me which'll give me plenty of time to think about it and to research some more. I have a feeling it's going to come down to a either a new rotary (Makita or Dewalt probably ~150) or a Flex DA.

ZoranC
01-07-2008, 02:22 PM
Havent got a chance to use the new BP, and i didnt call the guy at westren tool supply because really, i dont think it matters, the point is that it did what it did, and it shouldn't have. What may have caused it...i dont know, but really its flexs job to research these kinds of things not mine
How are they going to know about those things if they are not at least reported to them? And how are they going to research them if they are not provided info/material back to reproduce the issue?

If one doesn't care returning gratitude to the community for helping him out before by helping Flex help the community that tells a lot about that person. I made a mistake by helping you out when you asked for help even after I said you should be ignored. It is very rare that I make same mistake twice.

ScottB
01-07-2008, 05:59 PM
Lets keep this post on topic ....

Thejoyofdriving
01-08-2008, 02:06 AM
How are they going to know about those things if they are not at least reported to them? And how are they going to research them if they are not provided info/material back to reproduce the issue?

If one doesn't care returning gratitude to the community for helping him out before by helping Flex help the community that tells a lot about that person. I made a mistake by helping you out when you asked for help even after I said you should be ignored. It is very rare that I make same mistake twice.

I think you might have understood me a little or i didnt explain it well enough. I would have called flex personally and told them of this problem, but since it seems like they already new of it, and made a new gen backing plate to fix the problem, i figure there is no use, its been taken care of. Also you would think that they test these things out many times to make sure every thing is working perfectly before they ship them out. I hope you would understand that i would not turn down an opportunity to help the community, as you know i took the time, called and reported the problem that i had with the Festool. And besides, 1/2 the reason im here is to help people, if i didnt care, i would never offer my opinion to help people out or answer questions. When someone needs help i will take the time and go out of my way to help them, so i do feel it is wrong to say that i do not return gratitude to the community. Also note that im on here returning gratitude to the community at 11 o clock at night on finals week.

Junebug
01-08-2008, 01:58 PM
From Zoran -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug
... I really wanted a Flex and even had the wife ready to buy it for me for Christmas, so why didn't I get it? I got a little lesson on how to really use a rotary from a friend that owns a bodyshop.

I hope impartial conversations contributed a little bit too

Yes Sir! You are correct, and I have been working the Makita a lot more - thanks to your encouragement. But, for all that want a great machine, that I considered seriously and may get one day - c'mon, I might, Get the Flex - it's not totally Bubba proof - heck, what is? But you'll have a nice machine that will do much more corrections than anything this side of a rotary.

ZoranC
01-08-2008, 09:11 PM
I have been working the Makita a lot more - thanks to your encouragement.
I am glad as I feel advice should not be handed out based on what is personal preferences of advisor but what is in best interest of the advisee. It is easy to say "Hey, spend the money" when one is not voting with his own money. But if one doesn't need it then one doesn't need it.

it's not totally Bubba proof - heck, what is?
Exactly! Only guaranteed way not to mess up anything is by not touching anything. However, I am not kind of a guy that is interested in air bubbles.

cls
01-09-2008, 04:33 AM
Sorry for this question.Just want to know if its 110v or 220v?TIA

ZoranC
01-09-2008, 04:39 AM
Sorry for this question.Just want to know if its 110v or 220v?TIA
One sold in States is 110V. One sold in other countries through local distributors has local power.

cls
01-09-2008, 04:45 AM
Ok Thanks ZoranC.

One sold in States is 110V. One sold in other countries through local distributors has local power.

ZoranC
01-09-2008, 02:04 PM
Ok Thanks ZoranC.
Any time :cruisin:

maesal
01-09-2008, 04:38 PM
Any time :cruisin:

Wow !! amazing smiley !! :righton: