PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with narrow wheel wells

LP14SS
06-12-2017, 09:20 AM
Hey guy was curious how some of you deal with narrow wheel wells, over the weekend I was doing a wash and wax on a new vw beetle and when I went to brush out the wheel wells I couldn't fit my brush in I could barely even get my hand in so I reached in from under the car and got what I could but that leaves the very top untouched. Luckily it's a new car and there wasn't much crud up top so I didn't feel horrible not getting it 100% but leaves me with the case of what should I do in the event I do get some nasty wheel wells in a low car, short of taking off the wheels, what other options are out there ? Do they make low profile brushes or anything?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Eldorado2k
06-12-2017, 09:34 AM
Don't be make low profile brushes or anything?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Yea, just get a dishwashing brush from the 99 cents store. Long narrow handle and round head of bristles on the end. They work perfect for narrow wheel wells.

Mike Phillips
06-12-2017, 11:08 AM
I have an article on that....

How to clean fender wells the lazy way! (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/62725-how-clean-fender-wells-lazy-way.html)

:buffing:

FUNX650
06-12-2017, 11:10 AM
what should I do in the event I do get
some nasty wheel wells in a low car,

short of taking off the wheels, what
other options are out there ?

Do they make low profile brushes
or anything?

I use a Low Profile Jack:

https://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_29652.JPG

Bob

Calendyr
06-12-2017, 01:51 PM
I don't know if I would want the liability of jacking the car to wash the wheel well!

I use a pressure washer to get them as clean as possible, then the medium wheel woolie usually fits. Can't do the whole wheel well with it but the visible area is usually accessible.

chet31
06-12-2017, 10:36 PM
I don't know if I would want the liability of jacking the car to wash the wheel well!

I use a pressure washer to get them as clean as possible, then the medium wheel woolie usually fits. Can't do the whole wheel well with it but the visible area is usually accessible.

You would not need to get the car airborne, just a couple of pumps would get the frame up.

VISITOR
06-12-2017, 11:07 PM
wheel woolie or a daytona speed brush...

LEDetailing
06-13-2017, 12:26 AM
wheel woolie or a daytona speed brush...

^^^This^^^

Mike's method is the motivated man's lazy method. When I'm super lazy and want to clean a wheel well I grab the large Speed master brush. The speedmaster works great for tight wheel well openings. Spray some Meguiar's super degreaser or D143 on the wells and a soapy Speedmaster removes a lot of crude.