PDA

View Full Version : HELP with Clear Bra Fogging

cleanlimited
06-12-2017, 09:15 AM
I have had this clear bra on my car for some time now, however the car is very rarely driven or exposed to sunlight. The hood film will not show these issues as that was replaced after a shop spilled oil and it got under the film. I am not sure what has happened to the bra but if "fogs" when you wash the car the film will be clean clear and look fantastic, but after sitting for a day or two it develops this foggy look which if you take a quick detail spray and microfiber cloth, you can whip it away. However it then just reappears after sitting again.

Do you have any suggestions? or thoughts now how to fix this? I am trying to avoid a full clear bra replacement. The brand of clear bra is 3M.

Thank you!

DrBeasleys
06-12-2017, 10:11 AM
What car wash soap are you using? Do you have any coatings or toppers on the PPF? You could try using a UV blocking protectant on the film. We've got an instant bonding coating that works great on clear bras. It goes on wet and bonds instantly to protect from staining, fading, etching, etc for 1-2 years. Dr. Beasley's Formula 1201 Paint Coating (http://www.autogeek.net/dr-beasleys-1201-coating.html)
Having said that, PPF doesn't last forever and sometimes it starts acting up when it's time for replacement.

cleanlimited
06-20-2017, 10:12 AM
What car wash soap are you using? Do you have any coatings or toppers on the PPF? You could try using a UV blocking protectant on the film. We've got an instant bonding coating that works great on clear bras. It goes on wet and bonds instantly to protect from staining, fading, etching, etc for 1-2 years. Dr. Beasley's Formula 1201 Paint Coating (http://www.autogeek.net/dr-beasleys-1201-coating.html)
Having said that, PPF doesn't last forever and sometimes it starts acting up when it's time for replacement.

Do you offer a sample size of your product that I could use to test on a small area?

DrBeasleys
06-20-2017, 10:25 AM
Do you offer a sample size of your product that I could use to test on a small area?

Unfortunately no, but AG's price is the best available

GSKR
06-20-2017, 11:38 AM
I have had this clear bra on my car for some time now, however the car is very rarely driven or exposed to sunlight. The hood film will not show these issues as that was replaced after a shop spilled oil and it got under the film. I am not sure what has happened to the bra but if "fogs" when you wash the car the film will be clean clear and look fantastic, but after sitting for a day or two it develops this foggy look which if you take a quick detail spray and microfiber cloth, you can whip it away. However it then just reappears after sitting again.

Do you have any suggestions? or thoughts now how to fix this? I am trying to avoid a full clear bra replacement. The brand of clear bra is 3M.

Thank you!

I think there is contamination under the bra.These clearfilms always present a problem.I get calls to remove them or remove water spot etching.I would just take it off if you don't drive it that much.I bought a limited edition camaro ss and i would not put that on my car.But that's my opinion.

DetailKitty
06-20-2017, 03:36 PM
I agree- not a fan of clear bras. They can get messed up very easy and then are stuck on your vehicle until you replace it.
If you don't drive the car much I would remove it as well.

WillSports3
06-20-2017, 05:02 PM
I don't think there's contamination under the clear bra, other wise detail spray wouldn't remove it. My suggestion is to give it a light polish and then seal with a high uv protectant product.

GSKR
06-20-2017, 05:47 PM

Thank you!

Maybe take it back to the installers they might have some insight to what is causing this promblem.I would start with that don't you get any warranty with it?