PDA

View Full Version : Why should I buy Mckee's 37 Total Interior Cleaner instead of Meguiars APC 101?

Pages : [1] 2 3

willowcat11
06-11-2017, 11:47 PM
A Gallon of Mckee's 37 Total Interior Cleaner is more than Double the cost of Meguiars APC 101.

Mckee's 37- $42 Gallon
Meguiars D101- $20 Gallon

Now. I am all for spending more than Double on a product over another, "IF", I am getting more than Double the added benefits over the cheaper product.

I am asking this next question in a very sincere and honest way, because I truly DO want to know. And then if I am convinced, I Certainly will buy the Mckee's!

So, please convince me, Why should I buy the Mckee's 37 Total Interior Cleaner at $42 a gallon, over a gallon of Meguiars D101, which is more than half the cost less?

WillSports3
06-11-2017, 11:54 PM
The reason I bought it instead of using an APC in my interior is because M37 smells like strawberry margaritas. Smells amazing. Seriously, that's my reason. I got tired of smelling that APC smell all the time. It's a great cleaner though and it's upto you to decide if it's worth it. I basically skip a step of air freshener in my details. But don't think of both are the same item, they both have their same uses. Total Interior Cleaner is my go to, and APC is my heavy guns. Think of it as the difference between a finishing polish just to restore some gloss and remove old wax, versus a compound because the paint is f**ked and it's either compound or you start dipping sand paper in water basically. Nothing wrong with Meguiars D101 but I treat D101 as the heavy guns. We keep multiple steps for paint, why not keep multiple steps for the interior.

GSKR
06-12-2017, 07:11 AM
A Gallon of Mckee's 37 Total Interior Cleaner is more than Double the cost of Meguiars APC 101.

Mckee's 37- $42 Gallon
Meguiars D101- $20 Gallon

Now. I am all for spending more than Double on a product over another, "IF", I am getting more than Double the added benefits over the cheaper product.

I am asking this next question in a very sincere and honest way, because I truly DO want to know. And then if I am convinced, I Certainly will buy the Mckee's!

So, please convince me, Why should I buy the Mckee's 37 Total Interior Cleaner at $42 a gallon, over a gallon of Meguiars D101, which is more than half the cost less?

Mckees is intended for light cleaning.I would stick with 101 and adjust it accordingly.At the end of the day its all the same stuff.

ducksfan
06-12-2017, 07:55 AM
I have a gallon (well, actually the DP). It will probably last forever since I rarely use it. Not because of the quality of the product. Rather, because of how it fits in. An interior is either clean enough to use a protectant (or AIO) to clean with or needs something stronger like Deep Plastic Cleaner. I rarely have a use for a light interior cleaner.

dcjredline
06-12-2017, 08:42 AM
Apples to Oranges

Eldorado2k
06-12-2017, 08:44 AM
So what's the big difference between this and Fast Interior Detailer? They sound about the same?

Heisenberg
06-12-2017, 08:50 AM
Fast Interior Detailer offers very little cleaning power, IME(but that's not what it's for) Great for quick wipedowns and finishes streak-free on everything. I use it probably three times a week. Also leaves behind some "UAV and UAB" protection according to the product page, whereas Total Interior Cleaner does not.

Total Interior Cleaner would be used in conjunction with an interior protectant.

The Guz
06-12-2017, 11:10 AM
So what's the big difference between this and Fast Interior Detailer? They sound about the same?

Think of fast interior detailer as Meguiar's quik interior detailer. Should give you a better idea.

Eldorado2k
06-12-2017, 11:51 AM
Think of fast interior detailer as Meguiar's quik interior detailer. Should give you a better idea.

Yes I know, but other than Fast Interior Detailer providing a bit of UV protection, they seem about the same. [with the added bonus that this 1 can handle a bit of carpet duty]

WRAPT C5Z06
06-12-2017, 01:22 PM
Britemax interior cleaner gallon. Great stuff.

JeffM
06-12-2017, 02:40 PM
For wipedowns i use ONR or equiv, works on everything, doesnt scratch platic and leaves streak free windows.

willowcat11
06-12-2017, 02:50 PM
Apples to Oranges

How so?

willowcat11
06-12-2017, 02:54 PM
The Word "Surfacant" technology in the Mckee's 37 Total Interior Cleaner description rings a bell. The last time I heard this word was on the description for FOLEX carpet cleaner.

The biggest thing I noticed with these is that neither use "Solvents" to clean.

WRAPT C5Z06
06-12-2017, 05:26 PM
How so?
TIC has more cleaning power than fast interior detailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

willowcat11
06-12-2017, 06:41 PM
Gotchya! Thanks!