PDA

View Full Version : Rhetorical Question

Pages : [1] 2

Reddwarf
12-07-2007, 06:27 PM
The wife finally said something about my growing collection of car products.

I got an AG package today just in time to wash the truck. After I was done I came in and said "Look at this, I got a $10 certificate from AG plus your Sister gave me a gift certificate for my birthday". She said "Do you really need all of that stuff and will you ever have enough?"

I thought for a moment and then she said "never mind, it was a rhetorical question."

:buffing:

justin_murphy
12-07-2007, 06:46 PM
This should be stickied for all significant others!

lethalxls1
12-07-2007, 07:12 PM
I bet she doesnt mind driving the cleanest car on the block! hahahaha

Jimmie
12-07-2007, 07:14 PM
lol. I've heard similar here. Maybe answer with another rhetorical question like, "Is there nowhere on earth that I can turn for help?" heheheh :D

Reddwarf
12-07-2007, 07:15 PM
She's pretty cool about it. She really doesn't mind me spending the bucks. I'd say she cares more about the amount of time I spend on the cars.

killrflake
12-07-2007, 07:27 PM
I know my wife doesn't understand my obsession, she just deals with it in her own way. I guess after 33 years of marriage she just gave up.

tripperfx3
12-07-2007, 07:30 PM
She's pretty cool about it. She really doesn't mind me spending the bucks. I'd say she cares more about the amount of time I spend on the cars.

+1... I dont have quite the collection though, but she doesnt like me spending 3 hours detailing a car even though i usually use some of the money to take her out to dinner or do something nice... lol

Showroom Shine
12-08-2007, 10:41 AM
I get the same thing from my wife. She's always asking, "Do you really need that". Yes I do! I keep trying to tell her that you can not wait until you need to order it! I'm always ready fora detail.

Bonifax
12-08-2007, 10:56 AM
My wife ecourages me to buy more AG products when they are on sale!

Meghan
12-08-2007, 11:40 AM
My wife ecourages me to buy more AG products when they are on sale!

Smart women, you need to keep her!;)

Mike T
12-08-2007, 12:09 PM
I know my wife doesn't understand my obsession, she just deals with it in her own way.
Yep my wife is the same.
I guess my wife is more understanding, do to her obsession with purses, shoes, jeans, etc, etc. Lets just say her "homepage" is eBay :)

distrbd
12-08-2007, 01:29 PM
My wife asked me "What's the purpose of having 3 or 4 different waxes or QDs or sealants"then I showed her the pics you guys post here of your collections with shelves after shelves packed with the products,she said but whats the point ?they all seem to give similar results?
Like Mike T said she has different purses or perfumes ,etc don't they all seem to serve the same purpose?
obsession is obsession.:righton:

TIKI_AL
12-08-2007, 09:51 PM
The wife finally said something about my growing collection of car products.

I got an AG package today just in time to wash the truck. After I was done I came in and said "Look at this, I got a $10 certificate from AG plus your Sister gave me a gift certificate for my birthday". She said "Do you really need all of that stuff and will you ever have enough?"

I thought for a moment and then she said "never mind, it was a rhetorical question."

:buffing:

hello everyone,
I'am not much of a talker, but this one got me, my wife thinks i go over board some times. I'm still researching my new hobby, i have some megs otc stuff and beginner equipment i've used for 20+ years. But If you read this meghan, i do plan on spending some cash and it could be alot! (rot, pc) and truck load of product. I have a two year old little girl, and think it's time to give up some past times that keep me away from the family. I think the wife will be cool with spending some money since i hand detailed both my inlaws cars and hers and let mine go, last month. here is a pic of my last project and yes lady's i built it for her.

lethalxls1
12-09-2007, 02:12 AM
hello everyone,
I'am not much of a talker, but this one got me, my wife thinks i go over board some times. I'm still researching my new hobby, i have some megs otc stuff and beginner equipment i've used for 20+ years. But If you read this meghan, i do plan on spending some cash and it could be alot! (rot, pc) and truck load of product. I have a two year old little girl, and think it's time to give up some past times that keep me away from the family. I think the wife will be cool with spending some money since i hand detailed both my inlaws cars and hers and let mine go, last month. here is a pic of my last project and yes lady's i built it for her.

Your daughter is adorable!! Just wanted to say you did a awsome job remodeling that building into a tiki bar with the play area in the back. Looks great! Hope to see ya around the ag forums!:cheers:

TIKI_AL
12-09-2007, 06:30 AM
Your daughter is adorable!! Just wanted to say you did a awsome job remodeling that building into a tiki bar with the play area in the back. Looks great! Hope to see ya around the ag forums!:cheers:

thanks, i can't wait to see what i can do to a few cars. hum i have a couple in mind.:buffing: