PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite place to detail??

Pages : [1] 2

FloridaNative
07-02-2006, 09:08 AM
All this rain is making me wish I were some place else so that I could detail my car, which got me to thinking.... If YOU could detail any car, in any place in the world what would it be and where?? The car for me would be hard to choose. HMMMM Classic American muscle or maybe a super car?? Location? Maybe Bora Bora, or Tahiti or Alaska or maybe the Dominican Republic. There is a road in the D.R. that goes straight through a mountain and on the other side there is a gorge with waterfalls and a beautiful river valley below that is absolutely breathtaking!! But I don't know how I would get my car down there or up again. hmmmmm Okay scratch that idea! How about you guys? What car and where??

ScottB
07-02-2006, 09:39 AM
While there is many I car I would love to drive and/or own, what I really would like is to train someone to detail as I do. That way I could slip him/her a couple twentys each week and move onto other items.

While detailing is fun and relaxing, it just seems that time is getting harder to come by each weekend. Its like our lawn, my wife and I mow it each week because we like the house to be kept up, and I would love to pay someone to do it, but alas nobody comes weekly and nobody does everything each week. America is full of short cuts !!!!!!!

(sorry for rant --- contemplating going back to work tomorrow already)

Not if I was hot and sexy with a six-pack (chest, although I more likely to be carrying one in my arms) , then naked in Tahita with my Lambo Roadster and a jar of Souveran. YUMMY !!

FloridaNative
07-02-2006, 09:42 AM
1) Are you accepting applications for detailing apprentices? where do I sign up? :)

2) Would the souveran be for the girl or for the car? lol

Neothin
07-02-2006, 09:45 AM
Type of car?- Bentley Continental GT
why?- The car has beautiful lines that look as if there are no areas that a PC can't get to. and it's a bentley, come on now, who wouldn't want to play with a bentley? especially.... a fast bentley ;)

where?- In a fully decked out garage. air conditioned, 15,000 watts worth of assorted lighting, in-garage washing station, lots of extension cords, built-in vacuum/blower system, car lift to get to the underpaneling.

*drool*

Reddwarf
07-02-2006, 10:07 AM
Ferrari Dino. The location in this photo would be great, but I'm thinking Jay Leno's garage full of cars would be a fantasy spot.

http://www.sportbilen.se/bilder/bilder/dinogtb.jpg

scooterguitar
07-02-2006, 10:39 AM
Hmm, since this is a hypothetical...I would lovwe to detail the General Lee right after Daisy Duke was too playful with the water when she washed it!

abrcrombe
07-02-2006, 11:50 AM
LOL, I like Neo's idea of the super nice garage. I'll take that as my place. For the car... it would have to be between a ferrari 360 modena CS, or a Porsche 911 gt2. How about both?? :D

Ong~Bak
07-02-2006, 03:01 PM
Toyota`s F1 cars, at Khon Kaen city's Bung Kaen Nakhon Lake, my wife`s home town in Thailand. Added bonus of the womens arobic class at 6:00 & 8:00pm ;)
The lake is in the center of the city no beach or sand, they have huge lights for night and Temples that light up. A gorgeous veiw in any direction you happen to be staring...I mean looking in :D

abrcrombe
07-02-2006, 03:18 PM
Man, those f1 cars are looking sweeter and sweeter! I personally believe that the new maclaren mercedes with the chrome looking body is so coool!! F1 is cool, but hasn't been too popular in the USA. :(

Reddwarf
07-02-2006, 03:23 PM
F1 car a good choice. Ferrari won First and Second place at today's Indianapolis GP. Renault came in third. A few years ago who would have thought Renault would dominate GP? I wish Ford had not pulled Jaguar out of F1!

PS. Sorry to get off topic on the off topic thread!

abrcrombe
07-02-2006, 03:26 PM
LOL, better put a spoiler alert!

*******SPOILER*********

Amazing how it is Alonso's first time not coming in 1st or 2nd this season. He is truly dominating, and hopefully schumacher can catch up and give him a run for his money. Sad that Raikonnen has been having such a terrible season, and rumor has it he is going to Ferrari!! I can't imagine him being the #2 driver on a team, but Schumacher/Raikonnen would be a killer combo. Constructor's championship??

Ong~Bak
07-02-2006, 05:13 PM
I was first introduced to F1 in Japan last year I have been hooked ever since!

Reddwarf: I know, I can not believe how well Renault has done since the start of the season whoded thunk that! I wish BMW and Williams would not have split, seems to have hurt Williams team a little.

abrcrombe: Yes Schumacher/Raikonnen would be a good combo, I always hope Kimi does well but ends up having bad luck.

I still am on the fence with qualifying, but do like pit stops for tires again.

Kelso
07-02-2006, 07:18 PM
id have a 3 car garage with nearly every detailing accesory known to man with a ferrari f430 in bay 1, bugatti veyron in #2 and a bmw e60 m5:awesome:

abrcrombe
07-02-2006, 07:40 PM
LOL, that is expensive. Rumor has it they are developing a Veyron with even MORE power!!:awesome:

Kelso
07-02-2006, 08:37 PM
how the hell do you add more power to something with 4 turbos and a w16 design?! it has 1001 hp i mean honestly....