PDA

View Full Version : HD SPEED Meets F-150

Pages : [1] 2 3

DETAILROOKIE
06-10-2017, 12:52 PM
Hello All!!

I had a client bring by her F150 on Tuesday and she hadn't washed the car in 2 years!!! She brought it to me so I can make it "Shiny", so we discussed a 1 step polish and wax and she agreed. As you can see by the pictures, this car needed a lot of help.

I used:
Chemical guys citrus and gloss wash
Chemical guys honey dew for the second wash after the HD SPEED.
BOSS G15 with LC THIN orange pads
Pc7424xp 3inch set up with orange pads.
McKees apc for wheels, tires, and interior.
Folex for fabric and harder stains.
HDSpeed
Meguiars 156 for after the second wash to smooth everything out.
Tires I used black magic and hotshine.
Sonax fallout remover .
Mothers speed clay .

I washed the car once and the car still looked filthy so I knew this would be a major test for HD SPEED. I did a total of 4 passes on each panel and used a total of 4 orange pads. I decided to wash it again to see the beading and if the car would shine after a second wash. Lol

The owner was thrilled and put the car up for sale since it looked better than the day she bought it. She also asked if I would do her boat, but it is Clearwater, Florida and I'm in Raleigh, north Carolina so that would be really expensive for her. Lol

If anyone is near the Clearwater, Florida area and would like to detail her boat send me a pm.

Enjoy the pictures!

57819578205782157822578235782457825578265782757828 5783057831

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Understated
06-10-2017, 01:25 PM
The difference on that door is impressive. HD Speed is a great product. Awesome job.

Dan K
06-10-2017, 01:27 PM
Awesome turnaround. I am confused though on the part where you say the truck still looked filthy after being washed. Did you do a bucket wash with a mitt or just a foam and rinse? Or are you saying the oxidation/swirls and lack of shine made the truck look filthy? I like to wash the vehicle once to get it clean and then go back over it with a Nanoskin mitt and suds to decon the paint before polishing it.

Maybe it was just your wording, but imo the vehicle should be clean after the initial wash and ready to polish. Another wash after speed application and wipe off should not be necessary.

Fantastic results either way. Truck looks great and ready to sell.

DETAILROOKIE
06-10-2017, 01:33 PM
Awesome turnaround. I am confused though on the part where you say the truck still looked filthy after being washed. Did you do a bucket wash with a mitt or just a foam and rinse? Or are you saying the oxidation/swirls and lack of shine made the truck look filthy? I like to wash the vehicle once to get it clean and then go back over it with a Nanoskin mitt and suds to decon the paint before polishing it.

Maybe it was just your wording, but imo the vehicle should be clean after the initial wash and ready to polish. Another wash after speed application and wipe off should not be necessary.

Fantastic results either way. Truck looks great and ready to sell.
Thank You! Sorry if I confused you. The initial wash was consisted of foaming flowed by a 2 bucket wash and speed clay. The car was so oxidized and swirled that it still looked dirty . The picture of the side of the truck bed with water rolling down, no beading, was after the first wash and you can see it looked like I did nothing to the paint. The second picture with beading was after I finished the HD Speed process.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Dan K
06-10-2017, 01:41 PM
[QUOTE=DETAILROOKIE;1499829]Thank You! Sorry if I confused you. The initial wash was consisted of foaming flowed by a 2 bucket wash and speed clay. The car was so oxidized and swirled that it still looked dirty . The picture of the side of the truck bed with water rolling down, no beading, was after the first wash and you can see it looked like I did nothing to the paint. The second picture with beading was after I finished the HD Speed process.

Gotcha! Thanks for the clarification. That's pretty much what I thought you meant and what I had noticed in the pic.

I bought HD Speed last year after reading many glowing reviews, and it definitely lives up to the hype. Your results are proof of that.

DETAILROOKIE
06-10-2017, 01:44 PM
Thank you! I have used it many times and has not let me down yet. This was by far the worst paint I've tried it on and it still produced great results.

PaulMys
06-10-2017, 05:50 PM
Awesome job on the F-150!!

HD Speed is unreal. No way I could ever live without it after using it. Lol

I always baby my Ram, and don't need a ton of correction, so I can zip though the whole truck using my PC in about 5 hours and it is 100% corrected and really pops.

Oh, and love the grape soda smell!

TMQ
06-10-2017, 06:17 PM
Wow...That's a great job there.

Tom

DETAILROOKIE
06-10-2017, 06:58 PM
Awesome job on the F-150!!

HD Speed is unreal. No way I could ever live without it after using it. Lol

I always baby my Ram, and don't need a ton of correction, so I can zip though the whole truck using my PC in about 5 hours and it is 100% corrected and really pops.

Oh, and love the grape soda smell!
Thank you! I feel the same way, not sure how I ever lived without HD Speed. Lol it makes my life a lot easier!

"Wow...That's a great job there."

Tom

Thank you Tom!

silverfox
06-10-2017, 07:31 PM
For $15 for 16 oz, HD speed has to be on the all time detailing best bang for the buck list.

PaulMys
06-10-2017, 07:38 PM
For $15 for 16 oz, HD speed has to be on the all time detailing best bang for the buck list.

Agree 100%. And after using it for the 2nd time, I'm almost positive I have enough for 2 more sessions on a full-sized truck.

Less than $4 a session for the results it produces? Wow!

Route246
06-10-2017, 07:46 PM
Question for those who have used HD Speed and McKees 360. Which is a better AIO, price not withstanding. I have only used 360 and find it very convenient because it CAN be used in direct sunlight. Not to say I would always require that but it renders it very convenient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaulMys
06-10-2017, 07:50 PM
I use Speed in direct sun. Did it yesterday. No problems at all.

It dusts a little, but not much at all. Nothing like other products I've used in the past.

Never tried 360, and I know I never will now that I have found Speed. It works, and I'm sold. Period. :props:

DETAILROOKIE
06-10-2017, 08:24 PM
I have never used 360, but I have heard many good things about it. I am thinking of buying it and seeing how it compares to Speed. I also have Essence that I will be trying out Father's day weekend on a burgundy 200s. It is a good color to see results in. I will post pictures after I complete it.

cleanmycorolla
06-10-2017, 08:28 PM
Question for those who have used HD Speed and McKees 360. Which is a better AIO, price not withstanding. I have only used 360 and find it very convenient because it CAN be used in direct sunlight. Not to say I would always require that but it renders it very convenient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so it's funny, IMO, HD Speed is better than Mckees 360. But 360 is not better than McKees Jeweling Wax. I'd go Speed, Jeweling Wax and 360. Again, just my opinion :)