PDA

View Full Version : coating ?

brunorio
06-10-2017, 07:26 AM
Upon reading here and other forums I am under the impression that every year or twice a year you are suppose to decontaminate and clay bar the car either once or twice a year depending on where you live I assume. Well with a coating applied to your car what sort of maintenance do you guys do or is the coating that good where tar and iron deposits don't stick to the panels and wipe right off with a normal wash. Thanks live in the Northeast and of course the winters might be a little rough so might not be able to do a regular maintenance wash every week or every other week. Thanks for your replies

Buster906
06-10-2017, 07:31 AM
What kind of coating are you referring to? Ceramic or SIO2

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

brunorio
06-10-2017, 07:35 AM
I haven't decided yet on which
one to get but was thinking of the Optimum Product coating

vobro
06-10-2017, 08:14 AM
A coating will help in the maintenance area, making washing and cleanup easier. Tar, bird bombs,bugs and water spots still have to be dealt with and usually come off in the weekly washing process . In my area just about every road seems to be either under construction or being re striped which requires more effort on my part but my CQuartz is holding up great. Just keep in mind IMHO coatings are no miracle product but they protect better than sealants

PouncingPanzer
06-10-2017, 09:58 AM
What kind of coating are you referring to? Ceramic or SIO2

Silica Oxide, aka SiO2, is quartz. They are the same thing. That's why once you have a silica based coating you want to stick to silica based products.