PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Wets and Mckee's 37 Tire Coating on tires

willowcat11
06-09-2017, 02:10 PM
For anyone whose used both on tires, is there much of an appearance difference between the two?

I use Wets, but have not used The Mckee's Tire Coating.

Thanku!

PS

Is it acceptable to refer to Mckee's 37 as M37 on the forum?

FUNX650
06-09-2017, 05:30 PM
Is it acceptable to refer to Mckee's 37
as M37 on the forum?
Hasn't the "M" designation already
been established for many of the
products residing in Meguiar's realm?

Bob

willowcat11
06-09-2017, 11:14 PM
Yeah, that's why I asked Bob.

Thanks for clarifying man!

Have a good one!

willowcat11
06-09-2017, 11:17 PM
I'll probably just stick with Wets since it even costs less(surprisingly) that the Mckee's.

But would still like to here from someone whose used both, what their thoughts on the differences are?

AZpolisher15
06-10-2017, 12:06 AM
I don't hear much about folks using WETS on tires. Maybe a cost vs. benefit thing, as there are lots of products for this task that aren't quite so expensive?

willowcat11
06-10-2017, 02:43 AM
I'm surprised more don't. It has more of the Matte black appearance.

But the main reason I use it is because of its Longevity. There's nothing else that I know of that lasts that long. I can go 6 months at least with not having to reapply it, and it keeps the tires black and clean the whole time.

I know people think it costs too much, but the durability is amazing.

I also think it promotion thing. Wets is "Primarily" promoted an exterior trim sealant. It's use on tires is not promoted or talked about much, and I think that's because Pbmg doesn't want it to compete for sales with the Pinnacle black onyx, or Mckee's Tire Coating.

I think people should Definitely At Least Try it on their tires, to actually see how long and durable wets is on tires. It's Awesome! It's worth the extra cost. And as many know, the product goes a long way. The key is to always make sure to use a Car Wash that won't strip Wax or coatings off. Which most people do anyways. I use WOLFGANG Auto Bathe.