PDA

View Full Version : New member wanted to say Hello!

STRADALE
12-07-2007, 11:23 AM
I've always loved taking care of my own cars. 40 yrs old, live on Long Island NY. Was a gear head when I was younger & now hand detail my cars but would like to learn about using machine orbitals etc. Have a couple of Harley's- 1993 Softail Nostalgia/ 2004 Screamin Eagle Electra Glide & a 2004 Dodge Durango HEMI Limited for the snow.

Pic. below of my 2005 Porsche 997 S Cabriolet & 2006 Ferrari F430. Ordered a 2008 Black Porsche Turbo Cabriolet for delivery this Spring. Have had numerous black cars so I'm psyched about getting another one but know how much work black can be.

Anyway, nice site you have here. I used to buy a lot of my stuff from Griots but recieved my order from autogeek this week of a very nice wash bucket w/ the dolly & grit guard & also got the 1/2 gallon foam gun & the DP Foam shampoo. I used to use terry towels but for the last couple of yrs have been using a Boars Hair brush to wash & California Water Blade & a Micro Fiber drying towel to dry. Also use a Metro Vac N Blo for a vacuum & blower. Has anyone tried the foam gun? I'm curious if it really suds like in the pictures on autogeek, it's too cold right now to try it.. Thanks! Cheers! :cheers:

Jimmie
12-07-2007, 11:41 AM
:welcome: Stadale. Some nice products that you bought. The foamgun is an effective way to wash. It turns a lot of heads too, lol. :)

Bonifax
12-07-2007, 12:43 PM
Welcome mate, nice cars you have ;)

barryscott
12-07-2007, 02:17 PM
Welcome to AG :welcome:

Totoland Mach
12-07-2007, 06:30 PM
Welcome to the AutoGeek'dom. Great bunch of folks hanging around and lots of information.

What a beautiful set of cars!.....

I recently did a Black Challange Stradale and it is stunning now. The owner is beyond happy...he said I don't need business cards as he will be the talking business referral for me LOL.

Here is a pic...

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o212/Totoland/Ferrari%20Challenge%20Stradale/360CS_FinishedOutside2.jpg

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o212/Totoland/Ferrari%20Challenge%20Stradale/360CS_Finished_SunShot.jpg

I put about 20 hours of polishing as the car was in sad shape when the new owner dropped it off (he is the 3rd owner).

Shout if you have questions...

Toto

killrflake
12-07-2007, 07:47 PM
Welcome. Some beautiful cars you own and I'm sure you'll find this site and it's members quite helpful, I know I have. Toto is the Grand Master of detailers around here so if he offers help you can be sure it's solid info..

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
12-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Welcome to the Thunderdome...One man enters, one man leaves (with a bunch of goodies that is)

Tonya
12-07-2007, 08:52 PM
Welcome. Some beautiful cars you own and I'm sure you'll find this site and it's members quite helpful, I know I have. Toto is the Grand Master of detailers around here so if he offers help you can be sure it's solid info..
:iagree: with :whs: and :welcome:

Showroom Shine
12-08-2007, 10:35 AM
WOW!
Nice rides, do you need a Detailer? Welcome aboard,you'll like it here and you'll learn how to make those rides look wet all the time. Also how to protect the finishes. Have a Good One!

supercharged
12-08-2007, 10:47 AM
:welcome:

STRADALE
12-10-2007, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the awesome, warm welcome!

Showroon Shine - I always ask the dealerships not to touch (prep) my cars. I drive them directly to my 3M film (clear bra) installer before bringing them home & he does the 1st detail for me at that time but then like to do all the routine washing/waxing myself. But will use my detailer (Detailing Dynamics - Mineola, NY) on occasion.

toto - Nice looking detail on that CS!! I had a Challenge Stradale that I traded in last yr for my F430. Pic of my Stradale below. Threw in a pic of my bikes too & my current
F430.

Bonifax
12-10-2007, 01:59 PM
What a nice collection mate! I sure envy you, in a friendly way of course ;)

Totoland Mach
12-10-2007, 02:01 PM
Awesome rides Sir! Love those Harley's myself. I used to be the District Manager for H-D in the 70's and 80's (we don't talk too much about those AMF days however).

I've got a yellow F430 in the lineup to do soon...the weather is terrible here and owner's can't get their cars to the shop.

You can see my detailing conquests at:

Totoland - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting (http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o212/Totoland/)

Take care and have a fantastic Holiday Season.

Totoland

STRADALE
12-11-2007, 10:05 AM
Gracias Bonifax!

Wow! That's some photo album Toto!

Have you ever tried Rejex? On one of the auto forums I post at all the time (RENNTEAM) the guys always rave about the stuff. I didn't want to use it for my cars body but tried it for the new wheels I just recieved from Champion Motorsport. I bought their RS171's for my incoming (Spring delivery) 997 Turbo Cabriolet. I put on 2 coats and was pretty amazed at how easy the stuff was to work with. The wheels I bought are black, there was absolutely no wax dust to deal with & it left a very slippery finish. Probably not as deep looking as some good waxes I have used but the stuff is suppose to make removing brake dust very easy.

pics of the wheels.

Totoland Mach
12-11-2007, 09:39 PM
Gracias Bonifax!

Wow! That's some photo album Toto!

Have you ever tried Rejex? On one of the auto forums I post at all the time (RENNTEAM) the guys always rave about the stuff. I didn't want to use it for my cars body but tried it for the new wheels I just recieved from Champion Motorsport. I bought their RS171's for my incoming (Spring delivery) 997 Turbo Cabriolet. I put on 2 coats and was pretty amazed at how easy the stuff was to work with. The wheels I bought are black, there was absolutely no wax dust to deal with & it left a very slippery finish. Probably not as deep looking as some good waxes I have used but the stuff is suppose to make removing brake dust very easy.

pics of the wheels.

Yep, I've tried the Rejex and it's pretty good (I think I still have some hanging around). I'd say it's right on par with the Collinite Insulator Wax (although the Collinite product feels a lot slicker). I'm with you on wheel maintenance...give me a product that brake dust merely washes off with a hose and I'm happy.

Toto