PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Products for Dodge Redline Tri-Coat

randym
06-08-2017, 01:12 PM
Long time lurker, first time poster. I am looking for recommendations as to the best wax, sealant, and interior products to use on my SRT Challenger in Redline Red Tri-Coat. I have used Zaino, Klasse, and all the auto store brands in the past. I do have a PC-7424 also. I plan to clay the car and go from there. I currently use Mothers Protectant for interior pieces and really like the low gloss and nice smell, but it isn't for leather. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Randy

osiapstndp
06-08-2017, 04:09 PM
Long time lurker, first time poster. I am looking for recommendations as to the best wax, sealant, and interior products to use on my SRT Challenger in Redline Red Tri-Coat. I have used Zaino, Klasse, and all the auto store brands in the past. I do have a PC-7424 also. I plan to clay the car and go from there. I currently use Mothers Protectant for interior pieces and really like the low gloss and nice smell, but it isn't for leather. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Hello, Randy. I work on a lot of Mopars (more Challengers than anything else). Here's a Redline Red SRT Challenger that received very thorough paint refinishing. Below are a few pictures of the result.

The paint was compounded with Griot's Garage Boss Fast Correcting Cream and polished with Perfecting Cream.

This is after compounding.

This is an overview of the result. Optimum Gloss-Coat was used to add protection to the paintwork and McKee's 37 Wheel Coating was used on the wheels.

The interior was cleaned with McKee's 37 N-914 at a dilution ratio of 1:128 and protected with Wolfgang Vinyl and Rubber Protectant. The picture is of poor quality but the result was nice.

Oftentimes I use Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant on Mopars and the result is always great. Sometimes I use Wolfgang Fuzion and the result is equally good.

Here's an up-close picture of a TorRed Challenger that received thorough paint refinishing. This was before applying any sort of protection. The picture illustrates that quality of the finish of the clear coat is very important - if the car looks great before adding protection then it's still going to look great afterward.

Griot's Garage Poly Wax and the new McKee's 37 Hi-Def Paint Sealant works very well too.

Here's a picture of a 1966 Charger after about five days of paint refinishing and with Poly Wax.

For interior protection, Wolfgang Vinyl and Rubber Protectant works well on just about every surface. On occasion I'll use Wolfgang Leather Conditioner on high-traffic areas (the smell of the stuff is superb). I'm using Gtechniq C6 Matte Dash on a Hellcat this Saturday and I have high hopes. :)

There are many products on the market and a lot of them are great. Try out what looks good to you and learn how to use it well.

Bobby B.
06-08-2017, 04:26 PM
Carnauba Wax - Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax
Paint Sealant - Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant
Leather - Pinnacle Leather Cleaner & Conditioner
Interior Protectant - Wolfgang Vinyl & Rubber Protectant
Clay Bar - Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay

WillSports3
06-08-2017, 05:32 PM
I would say Bobby is spot on. The only suggestion I would make is that for a Clay Bar, I like using Mothers clay. Its gentle, cheaper, and doesn't marr when used with enough lubrication.

FUNX650
06-08-2017, 07:02 PM
I have used Zaino, Klasse, and all
the auto store brands in the past.

OK; then, for the LSP (protection product)...
Give the Stoner's Sealant a try.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_29264.JPG

Bob

randym
06-08-2017, 09:10 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions! I will post back once my products arrive and I have had a chance to use them. I am pretty much going to try Bobby B's list with the addition of the Groit's Boss Correcting Cream. The car only has 575 miles at the moment so hopefully the correction process will be minimal.

randym
06-08-2017, 09:13 PM
My car is just like the Challenger in your post minus the black fuel door. No stripes, just lots of red!

Cleankat
06-09-2017, 10:22 AM
I've had fantastic luck with wolfgang products on my redline
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170609/e62d3d35b55be7472ac94a48fb900192.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170609/2fde2225b61e5a10244a91a076262b0d.jpg