PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a quick detailer

Pages : [1] 2

PriusPrime
06-06-2017, 11:05 PM
Looking for a quick detailer to use as a drying aid and provide a little extra shine and protection after washing.
Ease of use is probably most important. What do I do with the MF towel after wiping this stuff off, rinse in water and dry?

Thanks

cleanmycorolla
06-06-2017, 11:11 PM
Wash your towels in the laundry no fabric softener not artificial store detergent that leaves a film. As for a detail spray. Sonax Brilliant Shine is pretty kick ass.

VISITOR
06-06-2017, 11:19 PM
most QD's will leave a slick/glossy finish but will not offer substantial protection (if at all) so i wouldn't mistake using this instead of a traditional LSP (wax/sealant/coating). i've been using carpro ech20 diluted at QD dilution and have no problem with it streaking. save dirty enough microfiber towels until you got enough to do a small load and then wash them (i've had good luck using a microfiber towel detergent)...

CarPro ECH2O Waterless Wash & Quick Detail Spray (http://www.autogeek.net/carpro-ech20.html)
https://sep.yimg.com/ay/autogeek/carpro-ech2o-waterless-wash-quick-detail-spray-1.gif

PriusPrime
06-06-2017, 11:24 PM
I am not using instead of a sealant, just something to use in between sealant application.

Route246
06-07-2017, 01:44 AM
I am not using instead of a sealant, just something to use in between sealant application.

Most of the rinseless wash/wax/sealer products can be diluted and used as a quick detailer and drying agent. Diluting a rinseless product is usually significantly cheaper than buying a straight quick detailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammer77
06-07-2017, 06:31 AM
Pretty good info so far. I have a few different ones right now, Meguiars D155 Last Touch Spray, IMO a great product with a decent price. Wolfgang Uber RW diluted to a detail spray, very nice stuff. And as Visitor mentioned CarPro ECH2O, I am really digging it. Also as others said just wash your towels accordingly, I prefer to use Poorboys Typhoon MF detergent.

Mantilgh
06-07-2017, 06:57 AM
Slow detailer here.

I'd go with a spray wax/sealant if you want some added gloss and some protection too.

Some of the rinseless/waterless washes do add gloss too, but are probably a little less durable. If you do it every week then it may not matter much.

Too many good spray waxes out there; D156 or the consumer version, Optimum Car Wax(use sparingly), Sonax BSD, DuraGloss AW, are some that I've tried and many more. Wolfgang Deap Gloss Spritz Sealant is one that I really like and adds some nice gloss.

Too many good rinseless products also. Uber rinseless has gloss enhancers I believe and so should the wash wax ones. McKees Rinse Free W&W is nice. I need to try Ultima's old and their newer one yet, but hear great things. Same with Eh2o too.

I've just picked Optimum NR W&W, but have not used it yet.

PA DETAILER
06-07-2017, 07:05 AM
Stoner Speed Bead Quick Detailer (http://www.autogeek.net/stoner-quick-detailer.html)

One of the BEST I have used. Never talked about, but after one use you will order more.

briarpatch
06-07-2017, 07:05 AM
Griots Spray Wax

supercharged75
06-07-2017, 08:26 AM
Megs D156 Xpress wax, carpro ech2o is nice but watch for the haze you have to go back over and wipe off (paint protection) but the shine and feel is amazing! Optiseal is also good for a drying aid, gives some extra protection over you base sealant. I use this on customer cars all the time, they are always happy.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

h8dirtycars
06-07-2017, 09:06 AM
As Visitor states, Carpro ECH2O is pretty good. I use both the WW dilution and QD dilution. But as Supercharged states, watch for haze. That does not bother me much, though because I usually go over with a second dry soft microfiber to buff out. Leaves a nice shine. Griot's Garage Speed Shine is great as well.

As far as washing microfiber towels, I wash them with plain old Tide, and throw in the dryer on lowest heat setting and quickly remove as soon as they're dry. I've only been at this for about 5 months but my towels are fine. Still soft and clean. I might try a dedicated microfiber cleaner only if I see that what I'm doing is damaging my towels.

Jaretr1
06-07-2017, 09:22 AM
As most everyone stated above, go with a waterless wash concentrate. You get so much more for your money by doing so.

Carpro ECHO2o is good. This is another great one:

Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash, no rinse car wash (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-uber-rinseless-wash.html)

This also makes a good light spray wax / quick detailer once diluted:

McKee's 37 Rinse Free Wash & Wax, no rinse car wash, concentrated no rinse wash, quick detail spray, waterless wash (http://www.autogeek.net/dp-rinseless-four-in-one.html)

Desertnate
06-07-2017, 09:49 AM
For a post wash booster/drying aid I've always been a big fan or Meguiars Ultimate Quick Wax. It looks amazing and I've applied it in all environments from cold/breezy to blazing sun and never had an issues. Right now I'm using McKee's 37 High Gloss Detail Spray for post-wash water spot touch ups on my coated cars and it works really well too. I've used Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer once and was seriously impressed by that product.

If you're after a traditional quick detail spray, The McKee's product I've mentioned works very well and I've also really like the simple Meguiars Quick Detailer that comes in the maroon bottle. They only seem to sell it here in the clay bar kit, but it can be found elsewhere in a variety of different sized bottles.

SeanChav
06-07-2017, 12:14 PM
I personally don't see the use for dedicated detail sprays anymore....with the boom in waterless/rinseless washes I don't see the point in having a detail spray.... they're not as economical, they don't clean as well and are not as universal.

I personally have 3 different "sprays" that I use in my regimen;
-d114 for rinseless washes/clay lube
-Ultima for waterless washes when I need a quick touch up
-d156 for after rinseless washes and traditional washes

I get some form of protection on my cars after any type of wash, and to me it's a simple and economical way to do it cuz I can cross use those items for several different tasks like wheels, glass and interior

WillSports3
06-07-2017, 04:48 PM
I treat CarPros ECH2O like a spray wax when I use it as a quick detailer. Spray, wipe, a quick removal for any liquids still on the panel then I go back to later when I see that it's hazed up. Makes it easier to get a nice finish.