PDA

View Full Version : By the gallon?

Pages : [1] 2

nine
06-05-2017, 11:21 PM
What products do you like or recommend buying by the gallon....for a weekend warrior

Thanks

cleanmycorolla
06-05-2017, 11:25 PM
You really have to determine that for yourself. One product I like you may not. Try small sizes first and then work your way up.

dcjredline
06-05-2017, 11:45 PM
APC, Wheel cleaners. I think that may be the things you use the most. Maybe the interior dressing of your choice too.

KirkH
06-06-2017, 12:28 AM
Rinseless concentrate

Your favorite soap

Glass cleaner

All Purpose cleaner

Orange degreaser

derass
06-06-2017, 01:08 AM
I found detail spray and spray wax to have significant savings over smaller bottles.

SeanChav
06-06-2017, 02:25 AM
I personally have gallons of Adams interior cleaner, Adams wheel cleaner, Meguiars glass cleaner, APC, d114, hyper wash and d156.... and I'm a wknd warrior that does side jobs here and there

nine
06-06-2017, 07:45 AM
Thanks everyone

Is an iron remover something I want to use all the time?

PouncingPanzer
06-06-2017, 07:48 AM
I can tell you from experience, always buy the smallest container you can when first using a product, just so you're sure you want to make the leap to a gallon. But for me, I have multiple shampoos and a few APCs that are gallons. Microfiber detergent, some you're favorite QD, waterless wash concentrates are some others that would be wise. Anything you will use every time you wash your car.

Desertnate
06-06-2017, 07:49 AM
I have found the only thing I use in sufficient quantities to buy in gallon size is wheel cleaner.

Everything else I'll get in 16 or 32oz bottles and they will easily last me through the "detailing" season and then I'll re-stock over the winter. If I lived somewhere I could work on my vehicles for more than 6-ish months every year, I'd probably go through more product. I've also found products that come concentrated in 32oz bottles like Poorboys APC and their Bug Squash provide enough product at their specified dilutions, that gallons aren't needed.

I honestly try to avoid the larger size bottles of most products. As an enthusiast, I simply don't go through product fast enough and smaller bottles allow me to try new products as my inventory gets used up while also allowing me to consume the whole bottle without them starting to go bad due to age.

PouncingPanzer
06-06-2017, 07:50 AM
Is an iron remover something I want to use all the time?

Location location location. Depends how long you go between washes, how much time you're vehicle spends outside, and how much fallout it's exposed to. I mist my lower side panels every few washes with Iron-X. If I see reactions I mist some more, if not I just wash the initial misting off.

Paul A.
06-06-2017, 07:53 AM
I use an iron remover more frequently now than a few years ago when I first started using one. If I clay twice or 3 times a year on my daily driven vehicles I always use an iron remover too. In addition to that schedule, I use an iron remover on my wheels even more often.

As mentioned above, I generally buy gallons of the stuff I use most frequently...wash soaps, tire dressings, APC's etc. It's usually less expensive that way too.

PouncingPanzer
06-06-2017, 07:54 AM
smaller bottles allow me to try new products as my inventory gets used up while also allowing me to consume the whole bottle without them starting to go bad due to age.

This is probably the one thing I fail on, I bet some of the products I have in gallons will go bad as I haven't touched them in some time now. CG V7 being one of them and for what that cost, OUCH! Lol. The point about trying new products as an enthusiast is also a very sound point. So OP needs to ask themselves, are they an enthusiast, or do they just want what works in sufficient quantities?

PA DETAILER
06-06-2017, 08:32 AM
Soap.
APC/Degreaser.
Hyperdressing.
Wheel cleaner.

PaulMys
06-06-2017, 05:49 PM
What products do you like or recommend buying by the gallon....for a weekend warrior

Thanks

Beer. :xyxthumbs:

LEDetailing
06-06-2017, 06:13 PM
Rinseless concentrate

Your favorite soap

Glass cleaner

All Purpose cleaner

Orange degreaser

Good list.

If you never want to buy glass cleaner again. Look at getting Meguiar's gallon of glass cleaner concentrate (D120). One gallon of concentrate makes over 12 gallons of glass cleaner! Stuff works well and is very economical.