PDA

View Full Version : Carpro Hydrofoam topped with Reload

Rblouin
06-03-2017, 06:54 PM
Good afternoon, I was thinking of using Carpro Hydrofoam for washing my truck that has ceramic coating and topping it off with reload since I want the most protection I can get. Living in Hawaii the sun and humidity takes a toll on my truck that is in the elements 24/7(I don't have a garage) Lmk what u guys think? I'm a type of person who want the most protection possible from UV rays and also rain. thank you in advance

Avi@CarPro
06-05-2017, 10:58 AM
Hi,
Hydrofoam will seal your paint already, no need to top it, unless you want extra sealing.

PouncingPanzer
06-05-2017, 11:13 AM
Can't hurt. I don't see an issue mixing SiO2 based products, especially from the same(great) brand. Just be careful with the Hydrofoam, I have have issues with residue/spots if there is any wind or sun at all outside, if you can shelter the vehicle for that application, I would. Also, make sure the surface is cool to the touch. Same goes to the spray and rinse sealants from some brands, you gotta be right on top of it when it comes to rinsing it off or you'll be left with spots and hazing.

Rblouin
06-05-2017, 07:25 PM
Hi,
Hydrofoam will seal your paint already, no need to top it, unless you want extra sealing.

Thanks for your time, I was thinking the same thing

Rblouin
06-05-2017, 07:39 PM
Can't hurt. I don't see an issue mixing SiO2 based products, especially from the same(great) brand. Just be careful with the Hydrofoam, I have have issues with residue/spots if there is any wind or sun at all outside, if you can shelter the vehicle for that application, I would. Also, make sure the surface is cool to the touch. Same goes to the spray and rinse sealants from some brands, you gotta be right on top of it when it comes to rinsing it off or you'll be left with spots and hazing.

You hit the nail on the head. I have read way to many reviews on how critical it is for your vehicle to be in a cool place, out of the sun, and washing and rinsing panel by panel with the Hydrofoam. I'm leaning toward utilizing Reset weekly and Hydrofoam once or twice a month. Thanks for your time