PDA

View Full Version : Griots Garage PMF Drying Towel.

Pages : [1] 2

PA DETAILER
06-03-2017, 06:54 AM
Griots Garage PFM Terry Weave Drying Towel (http://www.autogeek.net/griots-garage-pfm-drying-towel.html)

My dry me a river WW has just about served its life. This morning it was time to break out my new GG PMF drying towel. Did a flood rinse as normal. Then on to the PMF. WOW! This towel made very short work on the Xterra! Picked up water like a magnet. No streaks or smears. I had no issue with the bigger size. Needed for the Xterra. When I was done I was very impressed with this towel. So much to say it beat any WW that I have used to date. At $40 it is a expensive buy. But well worth it. Wait for a sale like I did to grab one. Hope the future performance of this towel remains the same. Short of a blower/dryer, I don`t see a better tool to dry with. It is currently on sale for $31.

atgonzales
06-03-2017, 07:04 AM
Pro 4x

A product that lives up to its marketing hype, that is outstanding

Sent from my iPad using AGOnline

ScottH
06-03-2017, 07:17 AM
Pro 4x

A product that lives up to its marketing hype, that is outstanding

Sent from my iPad using AGOnline

Good way to put it - and yes it really does. It's like a sponge on steroids - hands down worth the money IMHO.

ScottH

Bruno Soares
06-03-2017, 07:29 AM
I was considering this towel and you made me want to go buy it. But I'll have to wait for a free shipping promo. They want $12.95 to ship just the towel. That's ridiculous.

BillyJack
06-03-2017, 09:03 AM
Personally, I prefer the 2-pack of the smaller PFM's. Two are enough to dry anything shy of a Suburban and they're easier to handle. Of course, if you would rather blot than wipe, the big one would likely serve you better.

Bill

oneheadlite
06-03-2017, 09:12 AM
Personally, I prefer the 2-pack of the smaller PFM's. Two are enough to dry anything shy of a Suburban and they're easier to handle. Of course, if you would rather blot than wipe, the big one would likely serve you better.

Bill

The smaller size has been my go-to for drying, especially with a drying aid. The full size one is awesome for the lay flat/swipe the back approach if you don't want to rub the paint.

derass
06-03-2017, 01:24 PM
I've got the large PFM and it works amazingly well, better than any chamois or WW I've ever used.

However, I do find it difficult to use on the vertical surfaces of my sedan. I fold it up so that it doesn't drag on the ground, but that makes it bulky and difficult to handle.

I'll add the pair of smaller PFM towels to my next order. Those should be very easy to use on the vertical surfaces.

The combination of the large and small PFM towels will then be unmatched by any other drying towels, IMO.

Hammer77
06-03-2017, 01:55 PM
I got the big one sometime ago, I had to see what the hype was about. I remember watching the video and thinking "I know it would probably be good, but not that good". Then I used it for the first time, yes it was PFM! I too like others got a pair of the smaller ones. The big one is very bulky like Derass said, and use the small ones for lower panels. Well worth the money.

Rsurfer
06-03-2017, 01:58 PM
The trouble with the double sided PFM is that it takes forever to dry. The single sided PFM (not the original) dries in a day.

mengelhardt
06-03-2017, 10:45 PM
I really like the 19" x 27" sized PFM towel that's only available from AAP. Its a good deal for under $19 imho.

BTLew81
06-03-2017, 10:48 PM
The trouble with the double sided PFM is that it takes forever to dry. The single sided PFM (not the original) dries in a day.

Don't you wash it after every use?

Nickfire20
06-03-2017, 11:13 PM
It appears that AAP, sells a couple different PFM than GG website. However AAP, doesn't provide any description, just pics and price.

I have the PFM drying, 2 of the gray 16x16", and 3 of the small baby blue detail towels. They are all real nice! The drying towel, does my entire tahoe, without being rung out. After i use it, it becomes laundry day, all my light colored microfibers will then be washed.

TheCougarGuy
06-03-2017, 11:35 PM
I picked up a 2 pack of the smaller PRM towels and they are amazing. I also picked up 2 of the Big Blue towels on BOGO and I think they're terrible. They just push the water around which is strange since they are so thick. Griot's really did a great job with the PRM towels.

fightnews
06-04-2017, 04:16 AM
Griots Garage PFM Terry Weave Drying Towel (http://www.autogeek.net/griots-garage-pfm-drying-towel.html)

My dry me a river WW has just about served its life. This morning it was time to break out my new GG PMF drying towel. Did a flood rinse as normal. Then on to the PMF. WOW! This towel made very short work on the Xterra! Picked up water like a magnet. No streaks or smears. I had no issue with the bigger size. Needed for the Xterra. When I was done I was very impressed with this towel. So much to say it beat any WW that I have used to date. At $40 it is a expensive buy. But well worth it. Wait for a sale like I did to grab one. Hope the future performance of this towel remains the same. Short of a blower/dryer, I don`t see a better tool to dry with. It is currently on sale for $31.

i have 6 of the twistress. I have 3 of the pfm towels in 16x16 too, its a good weave for drying.

fightnews
06-04-2017, 04:20 AM
Don't you wash it after every use?

i do...