PDA

View Full Version : I can finally get my Camaro in the garage .....

Pages : [1] 2

Don M
06-02-2017, 07:42 PM
..... the problem is getting the car TO the garage LOL

The Garage

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/garage.jpg

The Driveway

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/driveway.jpg

PaulMys
06-02-2017, 07:48 PM
YARD SALE!!! :props:

atgonzales
06-02-2017, 07:55 PM
Agree yard sale and purchase at AG

Sent from my iPad using AGOnline

Hammer77
06-02-2017, 09:49 PM
Ya know Don, I was thinking of you a bit ago. I just got done drying my car and was standing in the garage having a smoke, and I seen a bird fly overhead, and I was waiting to hear the thud! Anyways didn't happen. Glad you made space. Now you can keep your ride in the "Bomb Shelter!

WaxMaster1
06-02-2017, 09:50 PM
YARD SALE!!! :props:

I was thinking episode of Hoarders

TMQ
06-02-2017, 09:56 PM
That's so funny---I was just thinking of the same thing! lol...

Now that you're cleared out, where did all the stuff go?

Tom

Don M
06-03-2017, 01:51 AM
That's so funny---I was just thinking of the same thing! lol...

Now that you're cleared out, where did all the stuff go?

Tom

As of 0248 hours, 6/03/2017, ALL the stuff is still in the driveway. Of course I am going to need the wife's help to tell me what is to be 'trashed' and what is to be 'kept.' So I set up her yard swing (the largest of the garage "stuff") for her to sit in and supervise.

hmardown
06-03-2017, 06:35 AM
keep the vacuum & the ladder. everything else to the dump. or put it in the garbage pails little by little. those pails are pretty big you'd be surprised what'll fit in them. good luck.
hmardown

Don M
06-03-2017, 06:47 AM
keep the vacuum & the ladder. everything else to the dump. or put it in the garbage pails little by little. those pails are pretty big you'd be surprised what'll fit in them. good luck.
hmardown

That vacuum is a Shop Vac 3.5 hp model that I got free over 10 years ago when opening a new checking account at the bank (it beat getting a toaster) and still works OK, even though it's gotten louder. I mainly use a new RIGID Vac with 5.0 hp that REALLY sucks up the dirt.

If you look closely through the yard swing, you can see a brown trash bin that is already full of junk as well as a few bags of things and other things that won't fit in bags. The green bin is for recycling so no junk in there (they are even twitchy about taking empty detailing product bottles).

As soon as I finish my coffee and check on a few more things on the 'net, I'll be back to work. Hopefully I can finish today as it's supposed to rain tomorrow (but at least I'll have a garage to put the car in) :dblthumb2:

Paul A.
06-03-2017, 07:29 AM
Ahhhhh, progress!!! I'll be happy when you post a pic of the car in the garage. I would probably put a target on the roof of the garage right about where that spot is on the car below. Ya know, just to give that bird something to aim for anyway.

DZ302
06-03-2017, 08:22 AM
Funny story....

My wife hits every yard sale in town and brings home more crap than Carter has liver pills. So one weekend she and a friend headed out in my motorhome for a visit to a friend that moved away. I rented the biggest dumpster known to man and filled it with her CRAP and moved my toys in my shop..needless to say she was pissed but I didn't care and told her so. I also told her the next thing that came to my home would meet the same faith...her buying stopped and she never mentioned it again, having a set is sometimes effective, although , there are certain consequences you better be ready to live with...however that being said, like most things in life , it's over rated and totally fixable if it continues past a certain point..

Don M
06-03-2017, 08:35 AM
The blockade is shrinking:

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/garage2.jpg

Don M
06-03-2017, 06:55 PM
LIMITED SUCCESS!! The car is in (barely, Camaros are long) but all I had the time & energy to do today was stack all the *stuff* against the house - after all, I couldn`t put a DIRTY car in the garage now could I?

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/success.jpg

Paul A.
06-03-2017, 10:13 PM
That's a beautiful sight. Now text something nasty to the bird!

Don M
06-04-2017, 07:15 AM
That's a beautiful sight. Now text something nasty to the bird!

I'm still haven't been able to locate birdzilla, but ever since I moved the car into the garage, some bird has been squawking holy hell.