PDA

View Full Version : New Flex Backing Plate Pics Up!!!

Pages : [1] 2

DJ_JonnyV
12-05-2007, 09:25 PM
Ben from Powerhouse Distributing (authorized master service and parts dist. for Flex NA) e-mailed me today to let me know that they have the new (and final) Flex XC 3401 VRG backing plates in stock now. Here are some pics:

http://www.pwr-house.com/images/flex_new_style_pad_342637_002_8whr.jpg

http://www.pwr-house.com/images/flex_new_style_pad_342637_001.jpg

I just e-mailed him back to see when they'll be shipping out. Definitely looks like an improvement over what there currently is.

Hopefully, the good folks here at AG don't object to me posting the link. It's in the best interest of all. Also, wanted to start a new thread to make sure folks saw this.

ehuth1
12-05-2007, 09:37 PM
hmmmm don't think it was a good idea, but I'm not the internet police. Good lookin' out though.

DJ_JonnyV
12-05-2007, 09:46 PM
Well, if they get all bent out of shape about it, then they can remove it. Not going to hurt my feelings, just tyring to help folks out.

pt91
12-05-2007, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the info. Hope AG can acquire this as an option and/or make it available for separation purchase in the future.
Hope a smaller BP is also in the development. I hear THE EDGE is also working on an adapter for the flex.

pt91
12-05-2007, 10:18 PM
Thank you Jonny! Any news on when they will start shipping these out?

P.S. Before anybody gets concerned whether this linking is breaking rules please allow me to point out this is the plate PH will be supposedly shipping to Flex owners as free update under the warranty.

Does the owner of the flex contact the manufacturer or the retailer of the unit to get the free update?

DJ_JonnyV
12-05-2007, 10:22 PM
[quote=ZoranC;156882]Thank you Jonny! Any news on when they will start shipping these out?[quote]

Hey, Zoran, not sure. I'll post again when I get a reply from Ben via e-mail.

The Edge
12-05-2007, 10:29 PM
any idea of price for just the plate itself?

Z06-Goose
12-05-2007, 10:43 PM
That's good news. I won't be buying a Flex until February. I'm still learning new things about it. So far, it looks like a winner. I never cared for the UDM which I allowed plenty time to see if that was something I would want, it just never peaked my interest at all...

DJ_JonnyV
12-05-2007, 11:59 PM
any idea of price for just the plate itself?

Not sure...I was able go order one of the limited 5" bps they had for a while and if memory serves correctly it was about $14. I'm sure this one would retail more since there is more to it.

justin_murphy
12-06-2007, 05:32 AM
I know of one retailer that is sending out the 5.5 inch plate to those who purchased the polisher through them.........for free.

Showroom Shine
12-06-2007, 07:04 AM
Thanks for the link for the Flex! Looks like a piece of durable equipment! Can't wait to get mine!

DJ_JonnyV
12-06-2007, 08:49 AM
I received an e-mail back from Ben and he said that they have about 50 in to start the replacement process for those that haven't received this on their Flex when it initially came. He said to make sure you have your serial # off the Flex when calling in. Hopefully, mine will be shipping out soon!

I would think that you should contact the retailer you purchased yours through to get the replacement.

DJ_JonnyV
12-06-2007, 01:02 PM
I received another e-mail back from Ben at Powerhouse, and said that no matter where you purchased yours originally (AG, DetailedImage, etc.) that you can call them with your serial # to get the replacement. It is key to have the serial # for tracking purposes. Also mentioned that in the future, replacements will run approximately $14. BTW, mine shipped out today so should have it no later than Monday.

redg35
12-07-2007, 12:34 PM
I got that same backing plate a week after i got mine awhile back from ben.............without even asking.

killrflake
12-07-2007, 03:28 PM
I'm wondering how, if at all, this interest in the 5 1/2in. Bp will affect future shipments of Flex units. It seems everybody prefers either a five or five and a half inch bp, maybe it will become a standard item. I'm still waiting for my Flex to arrive and as soon as it does, I'll be calling Ben at Powerhouse to order the new bp of course if AG starts to carry them I'll buy from them.