PDA

View Full Version : process for new car( black car)

Pages : [1] 2

Thawatchai Tantakarn
05-31-2017, 10:51 AM
I just bought new car. The color is black.

The following is the thing I will do but I am not sure it is the right process or not.

1.Wash car with Wolfgang Auto bathe
2.Claying by Wolfgang Elastic Poly clay
3.Wash car again
4.Apply Wolfgang Deep gloss Spritz sealant
5.Apply Wolfgang fuzion spray wax

If any body can comment the above process is ok or not.

Thanks for all comment

Paul A.
05-31-2017, 11:33 AM
My understanding is the Spritz Sealant needs about 12 hours to fully cure. I would wait until that's done before topping it with the wax.

Congratulations on the new car and welcome to AutoGeek!

Thawatchai Tantakarn
05-31-2017, 11:18 PM
My understanding is the Spritz Sealant needs about 12 hours to fully cure. I would wait until that's done before topping it with the wax.

Thanks a lot for comment , Paul.

One more question , Is those sealant and wax is suitable for black car. Someone recommended me to use Blackfire for black car. Could you let me have idea for that comment.?

wing commander
05-31-2017, 11:34 PM
SAWASDEE KA.. My wife is from your country.

Thawatchai Tantakarn
05-31-2017, 11:39 PM

Dear Paul,may I ask 2 more question?
1.Do I have to apply Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant 3.0(DGPS) before apply Wolfgang deep gloss spritz sealant?
2.How long it take to be fully cure for DGPS?
Thanks a lot.

Thawatchai Tantakarn
05-31-2017, 11:45 PM
SAWASDEE KA.. My wife is from your country.

Sawasdee krab. Thanks for greeting. I am new member. Nice to get your words.

Mike Phillips
06-01-2017, 06:19 AM
I just bought new car. The color is black.

The following is the thing I will do but I am not sure it is the right process or not.

3.Wash car again
4.Apply Wolfgang Deep gloss Spritz sealant
5.Apply Wolfgang fuzion spray wax

If any body can comment the above process is ok or not.

Thanks for all comment

Hi Thawatchai,

Here's my comments.... your process above is okay but a better process would be to add a fine cut polish to the process and then use a normal paint sealant like the Deep Gloss Paint Sealant.

I'd get a polisher to apply them too, take a look at a Griot's 6" DA Kit.

Question: What condition is the paint in right now when you look at the hood or the trunk lid in bright overhead sunlight?

:)

Mike Phillips
06-01-2017, 06:20 AM
Take a moment to click the link below and read through the article and watch the videos... it will walk you through the steps I would take to detail a brand new car.

How To Detail Your Brand New Car by Mike Phillips (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/54451-how-detail-your-brand-new-car-mike-phillips.html)

Thawatchai Tantakarn
06-01-2017, 09:57 AM
Hi Thawatchai,

Here's my comments.... your process above is okay but a better process would be to add a fine cut polish to the process and then use a normal paint sealant like the Deep Gloss Paint Sealant.

I'd get a polisher to apply them too, take a look at a Griot's 6" DA Kit.

Question: What condition is the paint in right now when you look at the hood or the trunk lid in bright overhead sunlight?

Hi Mike
Thanks a lot and appreciated for your useful comment. I will check as you comment.
For paint condition , I am not sure that could you help me by checking photo. But it in night time here.
So I will take few photo that I can take now with photo that I took in the show room.
Could you please let me have your comment from the photo if you can.

Thanks again for your reply.

Mike Phillips
06-01-2017, 11:18 AM
To see if the new car has swirls you need to use overhead sunlight and stand in so the sun is shining down on a horizontal panel so that it reflects its light at your eyes.

See this article...

How to photograph and capture swirls in the sun (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/68135-how-photograph-capture-swirls-sun.html)

The big picture idea is this...

Hopefully the paint is in perfect condition as it should be since it's brand new.

Dealerships do NOT have a reputation for having trained staff that know how to wash, dry or detail new cars without inflicting swirls and scratches into the paint. That's why I wrote this article,

DON'T WASH CAR! by Mike Phillips (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-mike-phillips-your-detailing-questions/66855-dont-wash-car-mike-phillips.html)

IF the paint on your new car looks good to you then do this,

3. Apply Wolfgang Finishing Glaze by hand or machine
5.Apply Wolfgang Fusion spray wax or Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant by hand or machine.

The Wolfgang Finishing Glaze is a fine cut polish and it will remove any surface impurities and perfectly prepare the paint for wax.

In the future you can use it to remove fine or shallow swirls and scratches.

If you don't own a polisher, consider getting a simple polisher like a Griot's Garage 6" Orbital Polisher in the future. It's easy to use and you'll be able to keep your new MB looking new yourself.

Thawatchai Tantakarn
06-01-2017, 10:04 PM
To see if the new car has swirls you need to use overhead sunlight and stand in so the sun is shining down on a horizontal panel so that it reflects its light at your eyes.

See this article...

How to photograph and capture swirls in the sun (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/68135-how-photograph-capture-swirls-sun.html)

The big picture idea is this...

Hopefully the paint is in perfect condition as it should be since it's brand new.

Dealerships do NOT have a reputation for having trained staff that know how to wash, dry or detail new cars without inflicting swirls and scratches into the paint. That's why I wrote this article,

DON'T WASH CAR! by Mike Phillips (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-mike-phillips-your-detailing-questions/66855-dont-wash-car-mike-phillips.html)

IF the paint on your new car looks good to you then do this,

3. Apply Wolfgang Finishing Glaze by hand or machine
5.Apply Wolfgang Fusion spray wax or Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant by hand or machine.

The Wolfgang Finishing Glaze is a fine cut polish and it will remove any surface impurities and perfectly prepare the paint for wax.

In the future you can use it to remove fine or shallow swirls and scratches.

If you don't own a polisher, consider getting a simple polisher like a Griot's Garage 6" Orbital Polisher in the future. It's easy to use and you'll be able to keep your new MB looking new yourself.

Hi Mike,
Thank you so much , Mike. I will follow your instruction.

One more Question , does the finishing glaze need time to cure?

Have a nice weekend.

spazzz
06-02-2017, 09:28 AM
Great looking car!!

Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant is going to look bling bling on it.
It looks like MB finally got their headlight design down, they look good.

Riff
06-02-2017, 12:38 PM
Hi Mike,
Thank you so much , Mike. I will follow your instruction.

One more Question , does the finishing glaze need time to cure?

Have a nice weekend.

Polishes do not need to cure. Curing time is for most waxes and sealants.

Watch Mike's videos of how to use a DA polisher.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Thawatchai Tantakarn
06-03-2017, 01:33 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Thanks so much for your recommendation.
Thawatchai T.

Thawatchai Tantakarn
06-03-2017, 01:38 AM

Hi Mike,
May I ask one more , if I want to apply Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant after apply Deep GLoss Paint Sealant , do I have to wait for 12 hour to let DGPS cure? Or I can apply any time?

Thank you