PDA

View Full Version : Any benefits of using Mothers Carnauba Wax on my rims?

vital2
05-30-2017, 08:27 PM
I switched to a paint Sealant and still have an almost full can of Mothers Carnauba Wax. Any benefit of using on other areas of my car like the rims?

custmsprty
05-30-2017, 08:32 PM
Not really, they heat up too much.

Toolhead
05-30-2017, 08:35 PM
Id either ignore it like i did with my can of mothers..

Or if you wana use it up..top your sealant with mithers for glossier look...

Unless its a cleaner wax then id probably toss it.

PaulMys
05-30-2017, 08:35 PM
I switched to a paint Sealant and still have an almost full can of Mothers Carnauba Wax. Any benefit of using on other areas of my car like the rims?

Not to worry, I have used what I deemed to be "inferior" waxes/sealants on all of my lawn equipment. Snow blower as well. Nothing gets wasted here. ;)

tampatopless
05-30-2017, 08:51 PM
In fact, rims are one of the best places for sealant. I use the longest-lasting I can find - in this case Rejex - on my rims. Shoot, they shine up better with each wash and dirt and grime come off really easy. Don't use Rejex on the rest of the car - it's a lot of work - and leaves a bit of a haze. The haze comes off with the next wash and the car really pops, but I use other stuff that's a little easier to deal with.

vital2
05-30-2017, 09:03 PM
In fact, rims are one of the best places for sealant. I use the longest-lasting I can find - in this case Rejex - on my rims. Shoot, they shine up better with each wash and dirt and grime come off really easy. Don't use Rejex on the rest of the car - it's a lot of work - and leaves a bit of a haze. The haze comes off with the next wash and the car really pops, but I use other stuff that's a little easier to deal with.

But the extra can of Mothers is a Carnauba Wax, not a sealant.

tampatopless
05-30-2017, 09:14 PM
But the extra can of Mothers is a Carnauba Wax, not a sealant.

Right. Was just doubling down on sealant on the wheels and reaffirming that wheels are the last place for wax. I swear by Rejex on the wheels. I can even get by with Rejex once a year on the rims and I live in Florida.

vital2
05-30-2017, 09:21 PM
Right. Was just doubling down on sealant on the wheels and reaffirming that wheels are the last place for wax. I swear by Rejex on the wheels. I can even get by with Rejex once a year on the rims and I live in Florida.

I'll try menzerna power lock sealant on the rims.

Crispy
05-30-2017, 09:22 PM
Absolutely use the wax on the rims.

The heat is not on the rims from braking (it is on the calipers).

Test yourself (carefully) touch your rims around the tire bead.

It will be warm but hardly hot.

If you like you can touch the calipers and burn your finger, but I would advise against it.

The wax will make your rims shine and super easy to maintain.