PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Paint issue on 1989 Jaguar

Goldrushrich
05-30-2017, 04:09 PM
Hello All....My name is Rich and I'm a new member searching for answers regarding a 1989 Jaguar I just picked up. The car runs and drives great and was a one owner car. My issue is with the paint. I'm looking for any possible solutions that might help me bring it back to life. The paint is dull and there are some, what appear to be, water stains. I treated the trunk with Maguaires Ultimate Compound but it didn't help much at all. I also tried a solution of vinegar, with no effect. Hopefully the Pro's here can help me I.D. the problem and suggest a course of action. I'm attaching a picture collage, the two photos on the left are the trunk and the right are the hood.....hopefully! Thanks in advance for any input and help you can provide.

rlmccarty2000
05-30-2017, 06:16 PM
There is a thread somewhere here by Mike Phillips on restoring single stage paint. Use the search function for "single stage paint" and it should pop up. Good luck.

Mantilgh
05-31-2017, 10:16 AM
Wow! Looks like a staining of some sort.

I notice the tape. Did you use a machine with the compound, or was it by hand?

Did you do the whole trunk, or just that strip on the right side?

Hopefully Mike P sees the thread and offers his advice.

Paul A.
05-31-2017, 11:35 AM
I have always been intrigued by Mike's good ole Meg's #7 rub downs. I am not too sure if this is a good candidate but would like to hear if Mike recommends it.

Oh, and welcome Rich!!!