PDA

View Full Version : Go to microfiber towels for a Rinseless set up?

Pages : [1] 2 3

idriveblackcars
05-29-2017, 06:24 AM
Happy Memorial Day all..quick questiion.

In my process of gathering info (finally going to rinseless) I'm curious what everyone's go towels is?

I figure about 4/5 will get my size car done just fine as I won't be reintroducing them into the bucket once a panel or two is washed.

I habe the solotuon (ONR and or WG uber) plenty of good drying towels already on hand as well..just can't make up my mind on the main towels.

Not sure if I should just use whay I already have or grab some designated ones for the rinseless washes?

Thanks

BadgerRivFan
05-29-2017, 06:50 AM
TRC Eagle Edgeless have served me very well for rinseless washing using the Garry Dean method. Highly recommend!

fightnews
05-29-2017, 06:59 AM
Happy Memorial Day all..quick questiion.

In my process of gathering info (finally going to rinseless) I'm curious what everyone's go towels is?

I figure about 4/5 will get my size car done just fine as I won't be reintroducing them into the bucket once a panel or two is washed.

I habe the solotuon (ONR and or WG uber) plenty of good drying towels already on hand as well..just can't make up my mind on the main towels.

Not sure if I should just use whay I already have or grab some designated ones for the rinseless washes?

Thanks

Something plush I think, preferably edgeless. I've only done 1 rinseless wash. It's good and I was going to do another last week but ended up using water. When you say finally going to rinseless does that mean exclusively? I do a combination of all 3 types of washing.

idriveblackcars
05-29-2017, 07:01 AM
Something plush I think, preferably edgeless. I've only done 1 rinseless wash. It's good and I was going to do another last week but ended up using water. When you say finally going to rinseless does that mean exclusively? I do a combination of all 3 types of washing.

Not exclusively. I'm not in a water restricted area and still own plenty of shampoo. But from now till winter I plan on it being my main staple.

I own a ton of eagles microfiber towels already, super plush maybe I will just give them a shot.

idriveblackcars
05-29-2017, 07:02 AM
TRC Eagle Edgeless have served me very well for rinseless washing using the Garry Dean method. Highly recommend!

Thanks and absolutly. The GDWM is how I will be washing using a rinseless solution.

Dtcjem
05-29-2017, 07:03 AM
Eagle Edgeless for me.

idriveblackcars
05-29-2017, 07:29 AM
Eagle Edgeless for me.

Sweet the rag company ones? Or do they sell them here on autogeek?

fightnews
05-29-2017, 07:43 AM
Not exclusively. I'm not in a water restricted area and still own plenty of shampoo. But from now till winter I plan on it being my main staple.

I own a ton of eagles microfiber towels already, super plush maybe I will just give them a shot.

yeah thats what i used when i did mine, they get heavy they hold a lot of water but since all eight sides are the same you can use them all.

fightnews
05-29-2017, 07:45 AM
Thanks and absolutly. The GDWM is how I will be washing using a rinseless solution.

the only problem with the edgeless towel and gary dean method is that by the time you use all 8 sides of the towel you are going to want to re dunk it. Next time i do it ill be trying a lower gsm towel

idriveblackcars
05-29-2017, 09:07 AM
the only problem with the edgeless towel and gary dean method is that by the time you use all 8 sides of the towel you are going to want to re dunk it. Next time i do it ill be trying a lower gsm towel

Why not just grab a new towel?

cleanmycorolla
05-29-2017, 09:12 AM

grab a new towel? i use like 30 for a rinseless or waterless not only am i crazy its just plain easier

Also I use 600GSM green plush towels, nice to have the 8 sides of one panel.

For rinseless washes i use dual plush 500gsm towels

vobro
05-29-2017, 09:23 AM
I also will use a lot of towels, if your gonna do this method just use 4 sides. By the time you use 8 sides your towel won't have enough solution, I also use dedicated towels for the lower and rear sections of the car. Also it's a good idea to inspect your towels when done as the thicker towels can hold small pieces of stone,glass,tar and whatever else before throwing the towels in wash machine

cyclops
05-29-2017, 09:48 AM
Like the supreme 530's myself. Always pre treat the car by spraying a good layer of diluted Wolfgang Uber Rinseless wash.
Use the 4 plush sides on the paint and the short nap side for glass. 12 towels per wash is about right.

Supreme 530 Microfiber Towel 12 Pack (http://www.autogeek.net/mf-530-12.html)

idriveblackcars
05-29-2017, 09:51 AM
All great advice. I plan on buying a bunch just for rinselss washes so I'm not worried about using 10/12 or even more per wash. They will not be re entering the bucket once they touch a panel.

I may even pick up Optimums big red sponge too but still on the fence. I haven't used a sponge in years lol.

cyclops
05-29-2017, 09:57 AM
Some great info on the Mike Phillips how to video.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-videos/107116-new-video-how-properly-wash-your-car-rinseless-wash-waterless-wash-gentle-approach-aggressive-approach.html