PDA

View Full Version : Good Movie

Pages : [1] 2

Reddwarf
07-01-2006, 09:48 PM
The wife and I had a date night! Dropped the kids off with the Grandparents and we went to a movie and to eat sushi. We saw Keeping Up With The Steins (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0415949/). A very funny movie, especially if you are Jewish (we are). Even funnier to us since our oldest son just had his Bar Mitzvah.

Even if you aren't Jewish, it is still a good movie! I highly recommend it. :applause:

FloridaNative
07-01-2006, 09:53 PM
Date night?? What's a date night??? LOL Oh Reddwarf, I have to tell you this joke. It's the best Jewish joke I know!

Everyone's at temple and the cantor is up there singing. He's singing so beautifully that the rabbi is moved and prostrates himself on the ground and says, "Oh Lord! Before You I am nothing!"

Mr. Wiseman in his seat looks on at this and so he too lays down on the floor and says, "Oh Lord! Before you I am nothing"

The rabbi elbows the cantor and says, "Look who thinks he's nothing!" LOL

ScottB
07-01-2006, 10:00 PM
Yeah, the wife and I use to see movies once or twice every weekend. In the past sixteen months since Christopher arrived ... -0-. While he may be priceless ... I really miss movies in the theatre.

FloridaNative
07-01-2006, 10:12 PM
LOL! We trade off. My husband goes one night and I go the other. That's how we're doing Superman this weekend.

Reddwarf
07-01-2006, 10:33 PM
LOL! We trade off. My husband goes one night and I go the other. That's how we're doing Superman this weekend.

I've heard of couples doing that. When I was a consultant and on the road every week I watched movies on the plane. I used Netflix and my laptop. I saw a ton of movies. Now I usually only get to see children's movies.

FloridaNative
07-01-2006, 10:44 PM
LOL! BTW Congrats to your son on his Bar Mitzvah. Does he feel all grown up now?

dengood1
07-01-2006, 10:44 PM
Yeah, the wife and I use to see movies once or twice every weekend. In the past sixteen months since Christopher arrived ... -0-. While he may be priceless ... I really miss movies in the theatre.

Home theater here:righton: Buy some nice home theater equipment(5.1 or 6.1 surround sound and don't forget the subwoofer!).....that's what we did and subscribed to Blockbuster online. Now we get to watch several movies a week in Dolby Digital DTS, 5.1, 6.1,etc. Sounds just like the theater but in the comfort of our home. Thanks to Mr. Orville Reddebocker, feels just like the theater:D Ah, what am I talking about, now we take the kids with us to the movies!!!!

FloridaNative
07-01-2006, 10:54 PM
Let's just say the last movies I saw in the theater were, Cars, Over the Hedge, Garfield the tale of two kitties and Nacho Libre. The next movie I'm going to see?? Monster House and Pirates of the Caribbean 2. :) Kids! Gotta love 'em. They take over your life, trash your house, suck up all your money like a black hole, give you a comprehensive lesson in sleep deprivation and then abandon you for their friends! Actually I'm lucky in that regard. My daughter sees me as a big play mate! LOL If she meets a new kid at the park she brings them over to meet me and tells them, "this is my mom! She's the best cook in the world! Do you want to come and eat chicken wings at my house, she'll make them for you!" LOL

dengood1
07-01-2006, 10:58 PM
did you say chicken wings? I'll have 20 hot.......thanks;-) Or honey BBQ? YUMMY!!!

Reddwarf
07-01-2006, 10:59 PM
LOL! BTW Congrats to your son on his Bar Mitzvah. Does he feel all grown up now?

The problem is "today you are a man, tomorrow you go back to 7th grade" He did such a good job at his bar Mitzvah I kept wondering whose kid that was up there!

FloridaNative
07-01-2006, 11:03 PM
did you say chicken wings? I'll have 20 hot.......thanks;-) Or honey BBQ? YUMMY!!!

I make buffalo chicken wings and my husband and my daughter fight over them like a pack of wolves! lol

FloridaNative
07-01-2006, 11:05 PM
The problem is "today you are a man, tomorrow you go back to 7th grade" He did such a good job at his bar Mitzvah I kept wondering whose kid that was up there!

AW! That's beautiful! You sound like such a proud papa! :)

ScottB
07-02-2006, 09:34 AM
Home theater here:righton: Buy some nice home theater equipment(5.1 or 6.1 surround sound and don't forget the subwoofer!).....that's what we did and subscribed to Blockbuster online. Now we get to watch several movies a week in Dolby Digital DTS, 5.1, 6.1,etc. Sounds just like the theater but in the comfort of our home. Thanks to Mr. Orville Reddebocker, feels just like the theater:D Ah, what am I talking about, now we take the kids with us to the movies!!!!

Trust me that is covered, but still not a theatre. 7 Channels of DTS, and THX Certified Power (Klipsch/Onkyo) on 40 inches of flat screen bliss from the WEGA but it still is missing something. :confused:

dengood1
07-02-2006, 10:35 AM
Trust me that is covered, but still not a theatre. 7 Channels of DTS, and THX Certified Power (Klipsch/Onkyo) on 40 inches of flat screen bliss from the WEGA but it still is missing something. :confused:

I have Onkyo/Klipsch as well:righton: 7.1 is nice to have, but hardly any movies are released in that format(99% 5.1 and 6.1) How about the sub? I'm sure you have one.....makes an incredible difference in home theater. Maybe it's the 30-50 foot screen that's missing?? Or the $30 for soda and popcorn----and you get the candy FREE?;) Yeah, I agree, it's not the same but Onkyo and Klipsch should make it better---it did for me!:-)

dengood1
07-02-2006, 10:36 AM
I have Onkyo/Klipsch as well:righton: 7.1 is nice to have, but hardly any movies are released in that format(99% 5.1 and 6.1) How about the sub? I'm sure you have one.....makes an incredible difference in home theater. Maybe it's the 30-50 foot screen that's missing?? Or the $30 for soda and popcorn----and you get the candy FREE?;) Yeah, I agree, it's not the same but Onkyo and Klipsch should make it better---it did for me!:-)

I'm sorry, I see you said 7 channels of DTS, which IS 6.1:o My bad.