PDA

View Full Version : Brigtening up a BlueBird bus (blue)

StuDLei
05-28-2017, 03:10 PM
Hi guys & gals,

My brother in law just called. He bought a blue 2002 Bluebird bus that he's going to use to help his teenage kids start a snow cone business with. In any case, he asked me for some advice on getting the paint cleaned up. He lives 1000 miles away, so unfortunately I haven't seen the bus in person. He is in the process of sending me pictures.

Does anyone know what type of paint is on these buses? I'm assuming it's not typical clear coat car paint? I didn't really know what to tell him. He said if he rubs the paint with his finger it leaves a shiny spot. I suggested trying to either clay it or to use a cleaner wax on it and see what happens?

Looking for any advice, buses aren't my area of expertise! Thanks.

dcjredline
05-28-2017, 05:11 PM
Cleaner wax would be a good place to start. One step would be next most aggressive and then he may have to bump up to a marine/RV heavy compound if that doesnt work.

I think his "shiny when I rub my finger on it" is just temporary and from the oils in his hands. Ive seen boats do this, they look good for about 2 days then right back to chalky.

GSKR
05-28-2017, 08:24 PM
Should be single stage.D151 machine or by hand should clean it up.Wash it with comet or barkeepers itvwill accelerate the cleaning process.

LydiaGP
05-28-2017, 09:14 PM
Yup, what Jeff said. I would also top with Ultimate Fast Finish for better protection.

Vegas Transplant
07-01-2017, 11:19 AM
Any updates?