PDA

View Full Version : First time using PC 7424 tomorrow

soobaroo
05-27-2017, 11:50 PM
So I bought the PC recently and have never used one. Have the day free tomorrow so I'm going to start on the truck. Truck was repainted about six years ago so it looks great from a few feet away but there are plenty of swirls and shallow scratches. A few deeper scratches also that I'll use touch up paint on. Scratched the tailgate today with my trailer. I have Boss fast correcting cream and perfecting cream along with an assortment of Lake Country flat pads. My plan is to do a test spot with the correcting cream and an orange pad followed up with the perfecting cream. Since I didn't own the vehicle when it was painted I can't be sure if it's single stage or clear coat. Is my plan ok or is starting with fast correcting cream too aggressive an approach? Should I do a test spot with perfecting cream first to see what that does? Which pad would I use? Appreciate any suggestions for this rookie. This will be different than the usual wash, clay and hand apply sealant but I'm anxious to see what I can do.

ekladmit
05-27-2017, 11:52 PM
I get mine tomorrow. Curious to the replies you get here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VISITOR
05-28-2017, 12:24 AM
Should I do a test spot with perfecting cream first to see what that does? Which pad would I use?

try the white pad (polishing) first with perfecting cream and next the orange (light cutting) if that doesn't work out. do the same with FCC if the perfecting cream doesn't yield any satisfactory results. remember to move the polisher with slow arm movements with multiple/overlapping passes with a bit of added pressure (look at post #8 for an example). good luck and let us know how she turns out...

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/110068-boss-creams-wg.html

soobaroo
05-28-2017, 09:20 AM
try the white pad (polishing) first with perfecting cream and next the orange (light cutting) if that doesn't work out. do the same with FCC if the perfecting cream doesn't yield any satisfactory results. remember to move the polisher with slow arm movements with multiple/overlapping passes with a bit of added pressure (look at post #8 for an example). good luck and let us know how she turns out...

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/110068-boss-creams-wg.html

I will try that. If perfecting cream and the pad do the job it would save a step and a lot of time. Makes sense. Thanks much.

soobaroo
05-28-2017, 03:23 PM
So I decided to start with the hood. Perfecting cream didn't seem to do much so on to the fast correcting cream. Then back over it with perfecting cream and topped with WGDGPS. Also clayed first and it was pretty contaminated. Probably improved the finish about 60% but I decided it's just too time consuming to go through the process with a 16 yr old work truck. Think I'll just use an AIO and top it with sealant later. If I had a Porsche 911 I'd no doubt think different but it's a work truck. At least I can still use the DA polisher on the truck and our new Forester.

Toolhead
05-28-2017, 05:33 PM
So I decided to start with the hood. Perfecting cream didn't seem to do much so on to the fast correcting cream. Then back over it with perfecting cream and topped with WGDGPS. Also clayed first and it was pretty contaminated. Probably improved the finish about 60% but I decided it's just too time consuming to go through the process with a 16 yr old work truck. Think I'll just use an AIO and top it with sealant later. If I had a Porsche 911 I'd no doubt think different but it's a work truck. At least I can still use the DA polisher on the truck and our new Forester.

Yup...just got done with 3.5 day full decon /correction/polish/wg dgps/ps21 wax on black 4runner.

Give iron x a try...full decon with iron x/clay will make your paint pop on older vehicles.

soobaroo
05-28-2017, 08:56 PM
Yup...just got done with 3.5 day full decon /correction/polish/wg dgps/ps21 wax on black 4runner.

Give iron x a try...full decon with iron x/clay will make your paint pop on older vehicles.

That would be worth trying. Who knows how much contamination is on there that a clay bar doesn't get. Thanks for the suggestion.