PDA

View Full Version : Best pads and products to polish full-size trucks

JD3020
05-27-2017, 07:00 PM
Finally looking to step up and buy a DA. Not a professional detailer or going for show quality, just working on a few friends/family/fleet vehicles. Will be working on large trucks, service bodies, etc.. My personal truck is a '14 with 63k miles in pretty good shape, but will be working on some pretty neglected trucks as well. Just not sure what i need to buy to have enough pads and compound/polish to be able to do a complete truck without issue. Would like to wax with a DA as well to speed things up, have Collinite 845 for that.

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k559/VVFarmboy/Mobile%20Uploads/20170506_194604_zps0jug1or6.jpg

DZ302
05-27-2017, 07:19 PM
HD Speed is a great "one and done" product that offers superior shine and protection for the vehicles paint and protection. Pads are another story altogether...it's not as simple as one would think.....try the least aggressive and progress towards the more aggressive until you reach the required result... Maybe a handfull of Lake country "LC" orange or even RED for starters. Normally they are Decent all around pads ....but it's not simple to recommend one pad over another without seeing and testing each pad on each vehicle to truly see what is required...hope that helps...there are many others on here that can offer you an opinion as well....the above is just my 2 cents on products and pads that have worked very very well for me in the recent past..