PDA

View Full Version : would you apply a 2nd coat of sealant after the initial polish?

Toolhead
05-27-2017, 06:55 AM
im on a panel / section by section completion on 4runner.. taking time as we all know..

im current in my final 2 days...hopefully..

a few sections were done last weekend..

when i am done.. i am thinking about applying a 2nd coat of wg dgps to the whole vehicle..

would you feel comfortable doing this? sorry if this is a basic question..

my concern is whether the past week completed panels may have dirt etc that i may end up reinducing swirls.. even if i detail spray / wipe down that panel....

current condition..4runner is in garage since yesterday and not moving this entire weekend as i complete the polishing/ sealing process...

Don M
05-27-2017, 07:17 AM
im on a panel / section by section completion on 4runner.. taking time as we all know..

when i am done.. i am thinking about applying a 2nd coat of wg dgps to the whole vehicle..

my concern is whether the past week completed panels may have dirt etc that i may end up reinducing swirls.. even if i detail spray / wipe down that panel....

current condition..4runner is in garage since yesterday and not moving this entire weekend as i complete the polishing/ sealing process...

If the car has not been exposed to the elements, I personally would use a quick detail spray and put a 2nd coat (for complete and even coverage) on the car.

fightnews
05-27-2017, 07:18 AM

Yes i would apply a second coat, I would do a waterless wash with n914 after you are sure all the panels have cured. 12 hours, Then after the second coat has cured i do a finial coat of carnuba but thats just me. I have actually done that exact thing and I dont think the carnuba stuck to the cured paint sealant so maybe skip that. its up to you

mcate
05-27-2017, 07:18 AM
As long as you address your concerns about the surface being clean, then you shouldn't have any problems applying a 2nd coat.