PDA

View Full Version : Dirty looks for having a clean car

coolmoon
12-04-2007, 02:45 PM
Down here in Ga. with the major drought ,driving around just a few cars here and there are clean besides the sports car enthusiast ,and at a light they give you looks like your wasting water because you stand out ,of course when you explain to your friends about ONR they don't get . Anyone feel the same way or am I just paranoid ?:confused:

ehuth1
12-04-2007, 02:46 PM
I seen these type of people. There the same ones driving 10mpg SUV's...... Go figure

Where about in GA are you located?

coolmoon
12-04-2007, 02:50 PM
Dallas,Ga.

BigFloppy
12-04-2007, 02:50 PM
I'm in Marietta and cause I've got a garage queen, my car stays clean, yeah... I get looks as well (some admiring, some not so)

Bonifax
12-04-2007, 02:54 PM
I seen these type of people. There the same ones driving 10mpg SUV's...... Go figure

Touche!!! :iagree:

ehuth1
12-04-2007, 02:55 PM
I love it when I'm out doing a complete mobile job and the on lookers honk and throw up both hands like (WTH)..... I give them the thumbs up and smile, I use less water on a car than most peoples' toilets use in one FLUSH! :)

coolmoon
12-04-2007, 03:00 PM
Yea . But It's Ok to go down to the local carwash using water recycled or not and have some guy using the same nasty shop towel he used on the past five cars wiping bottom to top on your black paint

ehuth1
12-04-2007, 03:13 PM
Yea I see em' lined up at the carwash using that brush to scrub there new Yukon Denali's black paint, even though right before that some dude cleaned his tires and wheels with the same brush after offroadin'.......

Crazy-Un-Educated people are everywhere....

klumzypinoy
12-04-2007, 06:38 PM
There was this older man walking down the street and he remembered me washing a car the day before. I was washing my car, which was a different car from yesterday, and I guess he thought it was the same car. So he asked me "You wash your car everyday?" and I said "Yeah! Just kidding, this is a different car from yesterday" and he said "You're gonna wash the paint off!" He said it in a humerous way though :D.

Gary Sword
12-04-2007, 06:45 PM
Just give them a dirty look back!

Zack01GC
12-04-2007, 07:01 PM
The hell with them, who cares what they think!

killrflake
12-04-2007, 08:56 PM
Here you are being a responsible citizen using a more efficient method of caring for the second most expensive purchase you'll make in your life and
you have to put up with dirty looks? Some people should get off their condescending high horses find out what they can do to help in whatever way they can.

PaintPolisher
12-04-2007, 11:41 PM
With the dirty looks I get for having a clean car I am thinking of getting a couple of those magnetic type signs maybe 6” x 6” for the bumper or the rear of the truck that say – No Rinsed – Used distilled water, 2 gallons - Eco-Safe – conserves drinking water – Car wash.
Seems too long any ideas incorporating the above that would sound nice?

Showroom Shine
12-04-2007, 11:43 PM
I get that most of the time. My Detail/Personal vehicle is always clean and sparkling!
I live in Ohio and I washed my car yesterday and waxed it today! ehuth1 what does a 10 mpg vehicle have to do with a Clean Ride? I drive one and my tank is always on at least 3/4 fiull.DUH! Okay I get it now! Water restrictions! Clean Ride, Where did you wash it? Right? or How!