PDA

View Full Version : DP Glass Product Review

Reddwarf
07-01-2006, 09:37 PM
I ordered the DP High Performance Glass Restorer (http://www.autogeek.net/dp515.html) and the DP Krystal Vision Glass Cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/dp-glass-cleaner.html). Of all the AG products I have tried so far these just might be the best! I had been using Stoners IG (a very good product, especially for the price) but I could never get my windshield really clean. I used a clay bar on the windshield and still not completley clear. There were little spots that looked like dirt, yet the glass felt smooth.

I used the Glass restorer with the pad that came with it. It was easy to apply and after buffing off my glass looked cleaner than it ever has. I then followed up with the glass cleaner. The glass is so clear the couple of small chips I have in the glass appeared to be floating in mid air!

The IG always left some haze inside the windshield that I had to wipe off a second time. Not the DP krystal! Later that night, it started raining on the way home and the water beaded up and rolled off just like it does with Rain-X. I did not expect that to happen.

AG - I'm super impressed with the DP glass products! :applause:

ScottB
07-01-2006, 09:53 PM
I too found it hard to believe that Stoners could be beat, never streaks and cuts thru grime quickly, but the Krystal Vision worked just as well.

FloridaNative
07-01-2006, 09:57 PM
I love my glass restorer and have Krystal vision on the way to me! :D

abrcrombe
07-02-2006, 02:15 AM
+1 on the Krystal vision. Can't really beat the price of 15 bucks for 2 big bottles. :D

Neothin
07-02-2006, 09:40 AM
The DP glass restorer is my life saver. My parents don't really like me going down to my local drag strip so when I go, I keep a small MF and some DP glass restorer in the glove compartment. When I come home, I just bust that out and the shoe polish'd numbers come right off.

abrcrombe
07-02-2006, 11:38 AM
My mom stuck a parking permit stick to the windshield a long time ago, and now I can't get it off. Do you think glass restorer would help that? Any other suggestions??

Sorry for the thread hi-jack!

Reddwarf
07-02-2006, 02:05 PM
Have you tried a razor? I would start with a razor, then use some goo gone.

Which brings up another thought. My Mom's car has a bumper sticker on it that I want to remove when I detail her car. I'm thinking Goo Gone will help me remove it, but any other thoughts?

I hate bumper stickers.

abrcrombe
07-02-2006, 03:16 PM
It is in the very corner and my windshield has a semi steep rake to it. I will try a razor blade and hopefully it will fit in there! Thanks man.

Ong~Bak
07-02-2006, 05:38 PM
abrcrombe
A razor blade works well and gets most of the goo off too, I use lacquer Thinner or Acetone for the rest, but after using DP glass restorer I would try that first.

Reddwarf
I have a heat gun I use for removing lettering or stickers, you could try a hair dryer that might get hot enough to melt it a bit then pulls right off.

Neothin
07-02-2006, 09:33 PM
^good advice heat guns are an awesome invention. I normally remove dealer stickers/emblems for customers when I detail their cars, so i use mine alot.